Why didn't I know this?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, don't answer that. lol

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because this is only for Speed Feed type heads that have only been around for about 5 years and probably make up about 10% or less of my total customer base .
Another case of a 1/2 wit blathering on about a subject they have less than no knowledge about while pretending to be an expert.
he is the pefect example of why one should never look at Feaces Book

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably 90% of the crap on the internet is horse puckey and 90% of the people reading it are idiots.

Of course i am just some hack on the internet spewing BS about lawnmowers that i know nothing about.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No comment....giggling here...As I know better on your part Hammer but yet most idiots talking to idiots.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Because this is only for Speed Feed type heads that have only been around for about 5 years and probably make up about 10% or less of my total customer base .
Another case of a 1/2 wit blathering on about a subject they have less than no knowledge about while pretending to be an expert.
he is the pefect example of why one should never look at Feaces Book

I thought he did a pretty good job explaining it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No he did not and his comments were only applicable to that particular head.
All of the heads I keep, you do not remove anything, just align some marks feed the string through
Then on some you hold the bumper and turn the body while others you hold the body & wind the bumper .
Now if the f-wit with an ego 1000 times his brain size had started off with telling you " this is how to replace the line on a ( xyz model ) trimmer head fitted to ( ABC models ) Echo line trimers then his presentation would be almost acceptable

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now I didn't watch the link as I just don't based on my previous experience with youtube videos. But as said you must not generalize things as particular model have their own way of the speed loading. I have seem some that pass the whole length of string through and you must balance the two sides before loading and then some that uses two pieces of same length string when they are being loaded. And as said some use the feed knob and other uses the hub.

Basically you got to be specific about what you are talking about.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Now I didn't watch the link as I just don't based on my previous experience with youtube videos. But as said you must not generalize things as particular model have their own way of the speed loading. I have seem some that pass the whole length of string through and you must balance the two sides before loading and then some that uses two pieces of same length string when they are being loaded. And as said some use the feed knob and other uses the hub.

Basically you got to be specific about what you are talking about.
Mostly commercial guys run the speed feed trimmer heads, and I rarely see them come in my shop. It is a wonderful time saver! Used to use them when I mowed commercially.
I learned how to repair small engines from the internet because the availability of in person teaching is very limited. You have to sort through the garbage to get to the gold when it comes to accurate and pertinent information. Lots of people who make long videos with terrible camera work, bad advice, and half baked skills. Forums such as this one with real knowledge are very helpful.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Funny
All of my commercial customers use Dragon Fly heads and precut trimmer line.
When you have spent 4 hours using one your back will tell you just how much better those heads are to use .