Why did I do the same stupid thing twice? Husqvarna 350 BT

mlunday

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Why did I do the same stupid thing twice? Husqvarna 350 BT
I bought a used one from a friend in 2019. Worked great in 2019, had some starting issues in 2020 but I just kept cranking until it worked. Then in January of this year, I could not get it to start. Changed the air filter and the fuel filter and the plug. Got it going again. Then the next weekend, it stopped while running and I could not get a restart. A friend helped me troubleshoot that the throttle cable...even when not in the off position....was not giving enough slack to allow the electricity to make it to the plug. So we adjusted the throttle trigger to middle setting and it started fine...until it did not start in March of 2020. Could not get it started. Asked a friend to take a look and if he could fix it, could he give me a Benjamin, he said yes. No word back from him yet...

So I (stupidly) said "Hey, this is a great design and I know how it works, and it gets great reviews. I'll order a new one, same model, good price, direct from Husqvarna." Oh what an idiot I am.

Arrived, put it together, fired it up, worked great. Next weekend, fired it up, worked great. And the weekend after that. Then tonight I had to do some blowing so I fired it up. Or I tried to. Nothing. Pumped the fuel bulb some more, still nothing. Puled and pulled until my arm was gonna fall off, nothing.

Am I using ethanol free gas? Yes. Correct fuel/oil mixture? Yes. Trigger not in the OFF position? CHECK. Switch in CHOKE mode? Yes. Pumped the bulb some more. Pulled. Nothing.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
New one is under warranty, don’t touch it and have it serviced. Don’t keep throwing more money their way.

mlunday

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, I drank a beer and took some meds (not at the same time). Let the blower sit overnight, and it started on second crank.

I read that you cannot flood the engine by pushing on the bulb too many times. I saw that in several posts. Guess that's not true.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Where ever you saw that was having many beers and meds at the same time and then tried to sound intelligent. They failed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF and that is a big IF the carb is in good condition then yes pumping the primer bulb just draws fuel in through the inlet and blows it out through the overflow.
But if the metering needle is stuck partially open or the overflow is partially blocked then the fuel will pass through the carb into the engine