Whole new suspension seat or just the kit?

bullet bob

Threads
I'm trying to get the biggest bang for my buck here. I'm trying to improve my riding comfort with my HD ZT 60. Appears I've got 2 ways to go. Slip a new 'kit' under the seat for ~ $300 or go with a totally new suspension seat for ~ $500. Something just tells me that the new seat deal is nothing more than the $300 kit attached to a new seat. If so, I'll just go with the kit. My seat only has ~ 300 hours & looks like new. If they really have made major improvements in the seat, that would sway me to go in that direction....Just trying to figure what's what. Thanks guys.

bkeller500

Threads
I'm going to tag along here as I was just investigating the same issue. I am tempted to purchase one of those kits I see on the web for $200. I think they just fit between the current seat and the frame. I would like to know from a user how well that worked out and if it made much of a difference.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have the part number for the kit, google that number for a parts and installation manual, which should answer your questions. If that doesn’t work, go to your dealer and post your questions to them.

bullet bob

Threads
If you have the part number for the kit, google that number for a parts and installation manual, which should answer your questions. If that doesn’t work, go to your dealer and post your questions to them.
I do have the part numbers. But what I'm not sure of is, if you buy a whole new seat assembly, are you getting the same seat as I already have, but with the seat 'kit' that attaches to the lower part of the seat? Or is there really a difference between the OEM seat and the 'new' suspension seat?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry I can’t help you, as I’ve got no way of knowing the seat or kit you are talking about. Maybe there’s a Gravely tech on this forum.

bullet bob

Threads
The seat is 79107700 & the kit is 79108800, I believe. Thanks for your help......

Gismo1956

Threads
eBay kit under seat $149 tell me if you like it

enigma-2

Threads
Does the video help?

bullet bob

Threads
Thanks but I've seen it. I'm still hoping someone can tell me what's the difference between the two. But thanks for all the replies. Maybe the next step is to talk with a dealer...