Who can buy a commercial mower?

grnspot110

Threads
I have never considered buying a commercial mower. I do not really have the cash either. Still what is the advantage of using a commercial mower?

In my case, i needed the higher cutting capability (5" for commercial, compared to 4" for residential) for use at the farm. Commercials also have a higher blade speed, and are built heavier.

Commercial mowers are not for everyone, but in many cases, they are a better buy for the long term! ~~ grnspot110

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
With all the talk about Commercial mowers, I'd like too know what in the world people are classifying as a Commercial lawn mower. Are we talking about Lawns and Lawn Mowers or are we talking about farm equipment and all kind of acreage????? :confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Some lawns are .... small, some are ... large.:wink:

I have used farm equipment and I don't think anyone is going to mow lawns with farm equipment. :smile:KennyV

carla6

Threads
If you can afford it, you can buy it but the good ones are quite expensive. However, no requirements for business ownership are involved. In fact, my father has a commercial mower and doesn't own a business. He just has 6 acres of lawn to mow !

Travis_R

Threads
There is a LOT of difference between any real Commercial grade equipment and Residential equipment...

A commercial mower will give thousands of hours service life...

To address the OP question... "Who can buy a commercial mower?" Typically it is a city or municipality, a golf course, or lawn landscape business... and none of them do it for the idea of wasting money, if you need rugged dependable rebuild-able equipment...it is the least expensive in the long run.
If it could be done with cheaper stuff ... it would be. :smile:KennyV

Hello, I'm new to this website but I have to say that you are 100% correct.:thumbsup: