White smoke on a turf tracer.

F.Clayton

Forum Newbie
Hi guys,

I'm having a little issue with my exmark turf tracer, I have a Kawasaki 17hp that is blowing a lot of white smoke, I was told that this could be water in the gas tank of hoses.

Do you guys think that this could also be the breather valve( reed valve )?

I'm not a mechanic, so I don't know. Can someone help?
 
White smoke is normally an indication of water contamination. Highly doubt it is the breather. Drain the tank and start with fresh gas or dump in a bottle of isopropyl in gas and see if it clears up.
 
Are you sure you don't have to much crankcase pressure? May be valve issue or valve seal allowing oil through the breather and into the carb
 
Are you sure you don't have to much crankcase pressure? May be valve issue or valve seal allowing oil through the breather and into the carb


Rivets is right "White smoke is normally an indication of water contamination"
If it was burning oil being pulled in by the carb it would be blue smoke and not (white).
 
Back
Top