Which way is right and Left

MilesCamp

Threads
In my Ariens manual right and left is determined by standing in front, facing the tractor. I.e. If you are sitting on your tractor the right spindle is on your left side. Is this true, just confirming before I order?

I'm an Air Cooled VW man and it is always determined by the direction the bug is facing. i.e. If you are sitting in your bug the right front wheel is on your right front side.
Cheers,
Miles

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what the mower manufacturer intended but the industry standard for the side of a car is always standing at the back facing forwards. VW merely went along with the industry. I suspect that the standard probably goes back to the days of riding a horse.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The model number would help a little; maybe...

MilesCamp

Threads
In my Ariens manual right and left is determined by standing in front, facing the tractor. I.e. If you are sitting on your tractor the right spindle is on your left side. Is this true, just confirming before I order?

I'm an Air Cooled VW man and it is always determined by the direction the bug is facing. i.e. If you are sitting in your bug the right front wheel is on your right front side.
Cheers,
Miles
My apologies to everyone. My Diesel Mechanic daughter just gave me a virtual slap up the side of the head and told me I was reading the parts illustration wrong. Everything is as it should be. How embarassing :-(

Cheers,
Miles

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
My apologies to everyone. My Diesel Mechanic daughter just gave me a virtual slap up the side of the head and told me I was reading the parts illustration wrong. Everything is as it should be. How embarassing :-(

Cheers,
Miles
yeah, lots of us are having trouble understanding the new literature and new math. I'll stop there.