Which Used Snapper?

LawnBoy97

Threads
I have a problem. Two, very good looking used snappers are being sold locally on craigslist. One is a bit newer at five years old, and the guy told me that it was rarely used. He is asking $195. Another looks to be a bit older, but comes with all of the attachments and is only $80. I am looking for a mower to use in my lawn mowing business. One that is reliable, powerful and durable. I like the $195 one for it being newer with the OHV engine, but I like the price of the older one. Which one should I look more into? Thanks.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...352744617708&sads=on6aMOgvIHKIrBY9FKfBtNYqRXI

This one is $80

LAWN MOWER, SNAPPER 21" SELF PROPELLED This is $195

scott47429

Threads
i would try and talk the guy down on the newer one and then maybe just buy them both and have a back up

LawnBoy97

Threads
Thats what I was thinking. Do you know the reputation of the Briggs OHV engines? I don't know much about them, so they kind of make me nervous. Also, what would be a realistic price to offer for the newer mower? Thanks

Last edited:

scott47429

Threads
offer him 130 or 140 for it and the briggs isn't a bad engine at all even the over head valve you may have to adjust the valves at some point that you wont have to do worth the other mower but don't be afraid of it

LawnBoy97

Threads
well I went to check out the newer mower, and ended up getting it. Unfortunately he wouldn't budge on his price, but I got it for $190. luckily I have a few mowers sitting around to sell. He said that he bought it at an estate sale, and hadn't changed the oil. It looked a pretty nice amber color. The only problem I noticed were some deep scratches on the side, but I guess that can be pretty common. Also, it ended up being a Briggs series 700 DOV engine, not OHV. Are these still good engines? Thanks.