Which to buy

Brian2020

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am currently deciding between the Toro Titan HD 1500 vs the Spartan RZ HD. Both in the 54 size deck. Question is why would you buy one over the other? I hear the Toro has a disliked transmission. And the price difference is about $700 between the two right now with the Toro being more expensive. I'm chosing between these two because both dealers are close, and very established. Neither will fold anytime soon. Amy help will be appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would be inclined towards the Spartan.
The man who owns the company is their CEO & designer
IT is a small customer so they can not afford to have unhappy customers
Toro is a massive conglomerate and is answerable to the board of directors whose only consideration is making the highest return for shareholders each year ( and filling their own pockets with bonuses )
To Spartan you are an important customer to Toro you are just customer number 123,456,789 for this season.

They are both quite good mowers, there is little difference between them.
Spartan is putting the top level of all bought in componants hoping that they will out perform.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Being a Toro guy, I’ll have to disagree with Bert on this one. As he said they are good units and I’ve not seen a disproportionate amount of problems with the transmissions. I‘ve never had a problem dealing with Toro, but I’ve worked in Toro dealerships since the early 80’s and have good relationship with both warranty and tech support people. Yes, I’ve heard stories of others who have had problems, but most are coming from dealers who have questionable reputation with everyone. Bottom line, I wouls say go with the dealer you feel the most comfortable with.

AVB

Threads
I haven't seen any problem with Hydro Gear ZT-2800 series used on the Toro. Now with that said one may show up this year. I know my luck.;) As with everything there will likely be problems somewhere down the road.

I can't find any ipls on the Spartan so I know know what they are using for hydros.

Brian2020

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know the Spartans are using Parker hte 10cc hydro motors

Ryanshea83

Forum Newbie
Threads
Brian,

I went through the same debate. I ended up going with the Titan 1500HD. The dealer I went to sells just about every major brand. In fact he owns the Spartan RZ HD. I was told by him to go with the Toro. The toro was about $500 less actually. They are almost the same except that I was told that the Spartans have been seen more in his shop and they haven't been around that long. I would speak with a dealer who services the pros and ask them. I owned a landscape company for years and that is what I did to stat.