Buying Advice Which Snapper should I buy?

gitnby

Threads
Looking at several used Snapper RER's for my Dad.

It's tough for him to negotiate the yard, even with a self-propelled walk behind.

Narrowed it down to either a 28" or 33" blade. 38" with bagger attached has too big of a housing to squeeze through my gate.

Yard is relatively small(5000 sf), but has a 20-25 degree slope and very thick grass. (septic system field)
Looking for bagger since the grass is very thick and full of chlorophyll. The clippings are like insta-grow!

I've heard that the 33" blade can vibrate badly in thick grass?

What HP do I need to have to get up the slope and give the right cutting power?

I assume the 28" is more maneuverable, which is important because there is a fence around the yard.
No trees to navigate, but a few tricky spots around deck and bushes.

Any problems with unit stability going up or down a hill? With bagger full and a 240 lb guy on it?
Heard stories of tipping backwards, but I assume that was with a manual transmission jumping?

Recommendations for me?

Thanks for any and all help

Duffer72

Threads
Having worked at a very large snapper dealer never heard of the problem with the 33" blade vibration, If the 33" one will get where you need it to it is the best choice, the longer the blade the higher the blade tip speed which is giving you better suction for lifting the garss and giving you a good cut and more force throwing the clippings up the chute to reduce clogging, just keep an eye on the blade and add on lift kits for it to make sure they are not worn on the back which will cut down on the suction. Actully now that I think about it there was some problems with the 33" ninja mulching blade if cutting tall wet grass which a mulching mower shouldn't be doing anyway.

gitnby

Threads
Having worked at a very large snapper dealer never heard of the problem with the 33" blade vibration, If the 33" one will get where you need it to it is the best choice, the longer the blade the higher the blade tip speed which is giving you better suction for lifting the garss and giving you a good cut and more force throwing the clippings up the chute to reduce clogging, just keep an eye on the blade and add on lift kits for it to make sure they are not worn on the back which will cut down on the suction. Actully now that I think about it there was some problems with the 33" ninja mulching blade if cutting tall wet grass which a mulching mower shouldn't be doing anyway.

Lift kits? Installed a lift kit on my golf cart, but I'm thinkin this is something different?:smile:

Seriously, where can I buy them? How Much? easy to install?