Which one should I buy john Deere 757 or z375r

Dnbeast

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I was looking into mowers and I found a 25hp john Deere 757 54 inch with 600 hours for 4300. I was wondering if that was a good deal as I can buy a brand new john Deere z375r with same specs at my local Lowe's. Any idea why theyre the same price. Also I don't much about lawn mowers so if there's any better ones I should look for around the same price that'd be great. ?

beddy85

Threads
We have a 757 60" that we bought used 10yrs ago with 700hrs on for our farm. We now have over 1500hrs on it and it has been very highly abused, although we do keep up on the maintenance on it according to the book. It has been a very reliable machine, mainly just belts, blades, and normal wear items. In our first years of owning it we did have to replace a head on one side because it warped. You have to make sure you keep the grass blown out of the cooling fins on the engine. IMO, There is no doubt in my mind that the 757 is of way better quality than any ztr you can buy at a box store. If the 757 is clean and well taken care of, I would tend to lean that way,, especially if you can widdle that price down.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no such thing as a "Best Mower"
The best mower for you could be a total disaster for me.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can get the JD 525 model for under $4000 about anywhere, and that has the Hydrogear drive vs the Tuff Torq. But either of the new ZTs are strictly residential mowers. Flat yard and occasional use. And I could not find the engine manufacture listed, could be the Chinese standard issue that's common today. That early model 757 is a serious machine, if well cared for would last a long, long time. But that price is quite a bit more than what I'd consider.