Buying Advice Which Gravely to buy - XL48 or HD48

BigUgly

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum.....I have looked around and researched for months and have decided on a Gravely ZTR. My choices have been narrowed down to the XL-48 and the HD-48. I will be

mowing approximately 2 acres. I know the design differences between the two units which accounts for the price difference. Given my sole use (residential), will the XL-48 be enough mower where I can expect good

dependability (with proper care & maintenance) or do I spend the extra bucks for the heavier duty model? Would I be spending the extra money needlessly for heavier construction peace of mind?

All feedback is welcomed. Thanks.

jakewells

Threads
the HD would be over kill the xl would fulfill all you're needs i own a XL model from 2006 creeping up on 900 hrs and has held up well and i bought it used and the only items it needed was mandrels,belts,blades and regular maintenance.

BigUgly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your hands on experience.....I am leaning towards the XL; but trying to cover all of the up-front buying concerns.

RustyBoy

Threads
Thanks for your hands on experience.....I am leaning towards the XL; but trying to cover all of the up-front buying concerns.

Not to confuse you, but there is one aspect you may wish to consider is this: Many Gravely dealers are having a one day special promotion in April that applies to commercial mowers. From what I've been told, dealers are allowed to sell one commercial mower to one person/company at that dealer price. Gravely then rebates the dealer. That said, you may wish to consider the HD since it qualifies as a commercial mower and get the lower price that may be near the price of the other. Only issue with getting that lower price is you'll be receiving the lessor commercial warranty versus the residential warranty that's a longer period. I'm considering doing the same, just undecided, but thinking of the HD, Pro-Turn and Kommander.