Which engines will fit on the LT1042?

jaredyates

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 vintage LT1042. The model number is 13AX11CG710 and the serial number is 1J236H10462. The single cylinder Kohler Courage is a KH-SV590-0003 and the block is cracked due to the closure plate bolts coming loose. I retorqued them a few months ago but now the crack is apparent. I'd like to look into putting a different engine on this mower. Last year when I replaced the drive belt, I saw that there were several different mounting holes. Does anyone know of a better engine that will fit in the mower? I would be comfortable with a fair amount of tinkering, rewiring, fabrication, etc if I could find one with the right shaft that would fit under the hood.

okjack68

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006 vintage LT1042. The model number is 13AX11CG710 and the serial number is 1J236H10462. The single cylinder Kohler Courage is a KH-SV590-0003 and the block is cracked due to the closure plate bolts coming loose. I retorqued them a few months ago but now the crack is apparent. I'd like to look into putting a different engine on this mower. Last year when I replaced the drive belt, I saw that there were several different mounting holes. Does anyone know of a better engine that will fit in the mower? I would be comfortable with a fair amount of tinkering, rewiring, fabrication, etc if I could find one with the right shaft that would fit under the hood.

smart in not wanting to use the kohler "chinese courage". another screwing of the american public by our own businesses making china a happy camper and many grumbling consumers. a briggs 18 to 22 hp motor will bolt on with the shaft fitting however u may have to build your own wiring harness because of the muriad of government mandated safety devices wired in to keep us stupid people safe from ourselves if your halfway mechanical its not difficult however it will involve different parts to purchase wires spliced etc (know anybody whose ever built a streetrod? ask them for help)