which cordless string trimmers are the best?

JGGMC

Threads
I am buying a straight shaft string trimmer and want some advice on which brands are best. Thanks for any advice.

MowerMike

Threads
There are a number of high quality brands to choose from, but from my personal experience the EGO brand products that are sold through Home Depot are very good and have excellent product support and warranty. I own the EGO model ST1500F which accepts .095” line, features bump feed, a rapid reload head and a brushless motor.

JGGMC

Threads
I will look at these. thanks

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you considering both gas & battery models .. ??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
yes I am. I have been looking at Echo gas trimmers. thanks

Stihl trimmers are rated at top of preference list, BUT Echo is right there too! I will venture to say MOST lawn service outfits use either one or both, because of dependability and access to service/parts .........

MowerMike

Threads
Stihl trimmers are rated at top of preference list, BUT Echo is right there too! I will venture to say MOST lawn service outfits use either one or both, because of dependability and access to service/parts .........

Only if you’re talking about the Stihl commercial stuff. Their residential/homeowner stuff is all Chinese made and not all that good. Echo just makes one lineup that they warrant as both commercial and residential, and is built in the USA with high quality parts. Also, you can buy every single part for an Echo product for both maintenance and repair. For a straight shaft string trimmer, you can’t beat the Echo SRM-225.

JGGMC

Threads
Thanks Boobala and MowerMike, I am looking at Echo gas trimmers again. Friday they are on sale near me 20% off. I am looking at the 225 266 and 280 models.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am buying a straight shaft string trimmer and want some advice on which brands are best. Thanks for any advice.

I have a 58 volt Echo and love it. Make sure that you get the 4 OH battery and you will not regret it I don't think. I use .105 line on mine and run it commercially. I seldom use a battery in a day. I have the 58 volt chainsaw and the hand held blower and an extra battery. I will not go back to gas ones again.

JGGMC

Threads
I have a 58 volt Echo and love it. Make sure that you get the 4 OH battery and you will not regret it I don't think. I use .105 line on mine and run it commercially. I seldom use a battery in a day. I have the 58 volt chainsaw and the hand held blower and an extra battery. I will not go back to gas ones again.
The local Echo dealer does not carry the electric Echo trimmers. Today is the day for the 20% off sale. I am looking at Stihl, Echo and Husqvarna trimmers. I can not decide gas or electric. I will decide after I finish working on a tractor.