Export thread

Where would you buy a replacement transmission for John Deere LA125

talley2191

talley2191

I'm running my JD X300 and a LA125 and I have dodged transmission problems on the 125 and the X300 is new, but having heard the transmission/transaxle stories associated with the 100 series mowers, I am curious where a "home mechanic" would buy that part if needed? I do some light landscaping at home on a regular basis and use the 125 so i can keep the bagger on the X300 so I am curious of its cost and availability as it could become a problem at some point Thanks

xp14629

xp14629

The only place besides eBay that I know of would be at the dealer. My understanding is that the transmission manufacturer, ie: tuff torq, or who ever will not sell a unit made for a deere to anyone in regards to their contract they have with deere.

C

crispins

are you talking the 5 speed transaxle or the hydro one?

If the 5 speed I bought one for $120 recently brand new from ebay, works perfect on my L100

J

jemret

I have a L100 in which the 5 speed transmission is making a loud clanging noise when only in 2nd gear. I am assuming something in side the transmission that is dedicated to only the 2nd gear has gone bad. All the other gear speeds do not make a noise. I am avoiding using the 2nd gear. I now mainly use 1st and 3rd gear. My question is will the other gears likely to be affected by the this defective 2nd gear?

jemret

J

jerboy

just curious, would it be possible to switch from a hydro to a manual trans in a x300?