Where would you buy a replacement transmission for John Deere LA125

talley2191

Threads
  • / Where would you buy a replacement transmission for John Deere LA125
I'm running my JD X300 and a LA125 and I have dodged transmission problems on the 125 and the X300 is new, but having heard the transmission/transaxle stories associated with the 100 series mowers, I am curious where a "home mechanic" would buy that part if needed? I do some light landscaping at home on a regular basis and use the 125 so i can keep the bagger on the X300 so I am curious of its cost and availability as it could become a problem at some point Thanks

xp14629

Threads
The only place besides eBay that I know of would be at the dealer. My understanding is that the transmission manufacturer, ie: tuff torq, or who ever will not sell a unit made for a deere to anyone in regards to their contract they have with deere.

crispins

Threads
are you talking the 5 speed transaxle or the hydro one?

If the 5 speed I bought one for $120 recently brand new from ebay, works perfect on my L100

jemret

Threads
I have a L100 in which the 5 speed transmission is making a loud clanging noise when only in 2nd gear. I am assuming something in side the transmission that is dedicated to only the 2nd gear has gone bad. All the other gear speeds do not make a noise. I am avoiding using the 2nd gear. I now mainly use 1st and 3rd gear. My question is will the other gears likely to be affected by the this defective 2nd gear?

jemret

jerboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
just curious, would it be possible to switch from a hydro to a manual trans in a x300?