Mower deck Where does this spring attach?

Rauckdaddy

Forum Newbie
Hello All,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I inherited a Troy-Bilt Pony 42" riding lawn mower. I believe it is about a 2007 model, not positive. The attached photo shows a spring that broke off from somewhere on the mower decking, opposite the chute side. I need to determine the part number for this spring and where the broken end attaches to. Any suggestions? Yeah, I know...the roofer's nail is acting as a cotter pin. I will replace that soon too...take it easy on me.

Rauckdaddy
 

Attachments

  • Pony mowing deck spring.jpg
    Pony mowing deck spring.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 21
Troy-Bilt Pony 42”
DOM: 5/2007
Model No. 13AN77TG766
S/N: 1E097B40391
 

Attachments

  • 5E414097-2328-47B7-9F22-8DAF1384329D.jpg
    5E414097-2328-47B7-9F22-8DAF1384329D.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
The spring is broken. Look on page 40 of the manual Mark posted (use the second manual) and there are two springs which it could be, part 26 or 27. Order the one you need and if you look closely a the parts diagram it shows where to attach it.
 
Back
Top