Where do These Springs Go....?

polarisgolf

Threads
There is a spring behind the throttle plate on this engine: 310707-0137-E3. This number was under the seat of the riding mower: 917.271661
This spring hooks to the bottom of the governor's arm but where does it hook to the back of the plate?
I'm also not sure where the frail spring on the governor linkage hooks to the carburetor.
At this point when starting this engine after a thorough cleaning it rev's a mile high, had to shut it off immediately.

As a side note the cylinder fins were crammed with oily dirt and grime. Why does B&S put that heat shield there? I wish they'd make it easier to get off!

Sorry if this is similar to my last post. It took a while to think of these words....

Attachments

• throttlePost 13.jpeg
    throttlePost 13.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 5

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The spring goes the the white slide that is connected to the throttle control that you move.
You move the throttle lever,it stretches the spring that connects to the governor arm

And the heat shield is not a heat shield it is a cooling shroud to direct some of the air over the underside of the cylinder .

polarisgolf

Threads
The spring goes the the white slide that is connected to the throttle control that you move.
You move the throttle lever,it stretches the spring that connects to the governor arm

And the heat shield is not a heat shield it is a cooling shroud to direct some of the air over the underside of the cylinder .
Nice!! Thanks, that makes sense. Glad I didn't take it apart today, will do it tomorrow. Thank too for the proper name of the heat shield.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just shaking my head...Bert. and it is not white plastic but is metal arm.

This where the governor spring goes.

1688256618027.png

Meanwhile I am going to roost...I am dead tired.
1688257138578.png

polarisgolf

Threads

View attachment 65514

View attachment 65515

View attachment 65514

View attachment 65515
Thanks for the pic...this makes better since!