When I assume....

BriggsMST

Threads
I personally dont, but theres one very close and have had to resort to it a few times.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is one good reason to have a bone yard.
If you got Jred saws in your boneyard let me know. Got a cust needs a P&C for a 70E. Cheap of course.
As much as some folks want to hate on the creamsicle saws (stihl) there are lots of aftermarket stuff available for older saws. Not so much for Husqvarna, Dolmar, Shindawa, Echo, Johnsered, Makita, Davis Bradley, McCulloch. I see a lot of older saws and some i just can't fix because of parts and Ebay to the rescue sometimes but not a reliable source and some prices are crazy.

Last edited:

BriggsMST

Threads
I deal quite a bit with www.hlsproparts.com, not sure if you heard of them or not I would imagine you have.
Prices are great and they have a wide selection of OEM and aftermarket parts, from cranks to shut off switches. They are in Daytona Beach Florida. When you get on their site its called HLSupply, give it a shot, nothing to lose but time on the stupid computer. Might be worth it.

BriggsMST

Threads
I have very little parts for those saws. Id have to look to make sure. P & Cyl is a long shot. send over a model #. Is cyl nikasil or not sure

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Model # is 70E. Not sure if nikasil or chrome. Cust saw at 90psi compression. Saw runs amazingly good for the low compression. Manual says should be about 140psi. Saw that size ahould have more power than his does so if he can find a better P&C he would be happy. HL supply has been a go to for me for years. Built a couple of the chineese creamsicle kit saws from them. A 660 and a 361.

BriggsMST

Threads
I figured you knew about them. I just thought about it that very second, it dont happen often so i had to tell you when it was fresh in my mind.

BriggsMST

Threads
I will have my buddy look this afternoon, Like I said that might be a long shot. Put a set of rings in it and call it good. Whats the specs on the compression for that, christ 140 isnt bad, not by my standards anyway

BriggsMST

Threads
I just ran over my buddy's he dont have anything but a few empty crank cases for a jred. Sorry dude. Where you located at anyway.