What's Your Customization?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Guys,

I know some of you like to personalize your mowers, so I'm curious to hear about some of the modifications you have made. How have you customized your mower?

Be sure to add pictures and details! :thumbsup:

Mister Mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have done some custom mowers for customers from simple paint to full blown mods. Here are a few of them, the first one is a before and after of a complete rebuild from frame up. The first two pics are a 1996 Craftsman, we striped down the frame, repaired stress cracks and broken mounts, primed and repainted with gloss black, repainted engine cowl to match body with a dark purple, dual exhaust on a 22hp briggs v-twin, and 4 layers of paint on the body after complete strip down, along with strobe lights in the head lights. The Black and Yellow my kids named bumblbee and it involved repainting the body and custom exhaust. The last one is basic paint.

Attachments

• iphone 025.JPG
    iphone 025.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 287
  • iphone 064.jpg
    iphone 064.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 204
  • iphone 063.jpg
    iphone 063.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 223
  • iphone 023.JPG
    iphone 023.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 191
  • iphone 019 (2).JPG
    iphone 019 (2).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 258
  • iphone 042.JPG
    iphone 042.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 266

Parkmower

Threads
First thing I do to all my work machines is install a grabber for litter and a 5 gallon bucket to put it in.
Here's a pic of my husq zt wit my garbage system.

Attachments

• image-3925613591.png
    image-3925613591.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 354
Threads
Front bumper that has been well used (trees, and other stationary objects) Ag tires, and a ball hitch to pull 5x8 utility trailer around..

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
Well, my stock tractors are pretty much.... er stock - but my task specific mod tractors are mostly works in progress.

One is a trail/offroad tractor - 80's agway ( murray) - still working things out on it, plan on putting a winch,atv style rack on the back, atv rear tires, extra lights and eventually a 4 wheel drive setup after some seat time:

80's agway offroader by The Kiddo, on Flickr

Another will be a 'go kart' -a 80's MTD wizard with a 5 or 6.5HP horizontal shaft motor, straight rear axle, lowering and 6" rims - a future mod for that will be a big v twin or opposed twin ( its in pieces now- this is a before shot):

wizard by The Kiddo, on Flickr

Yet another would be a 90's MTD chassis with 69 wheelhorse raider 10 sheetmetal ( all old and rusty as it is) - big 18HP opposed twin, lowering, straight axle and golf kart wheels for a rat rod tractor - this pic is before i took it apart:

wheelhorse raider 10 by The Kiddo, on Flickr

At the moment, my normal mowers are taking shed time, mod tractors are on the back burner unfortunately.....

batman010208

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi why dont you build a monster mower i have that one in my yard and its going to be a 6x6 custom if you check out www.allterainmowers .com and check out batman010208

Def-Ed

Threads
I'm combining my craftsman dyt4000 with a burned GT5000 I got off craigslist.
Just laid two more freshly powdercoated parts in the "complete" pile.
Not going to post a build thread till it's done,but mods to be expected are
26hp B&S ELS
Custom paint
Custom built projector fog lamp
Chrome powdercoated wheels and tube bumper
Custom moly coated spindles (just removed for prep)
Autometer oil pressure,amp and voltage guages.
Custom ceramic coated silenced exhaust
Upgraded wiring/optima battery.
Stainless braided sleeves on hoses.
Upgraded tie/steering rods

Some of the stuff is already on the dyt4000 (optima,wiring,guages)
The fog lamp is almost finished,was building already for dyt.
Paint is a must,GT is red-dyt is black. Gt hood is burnt so using black dyt hood.
Plan to keep it red and add black stripes prob.
Already got some frame brackets powdered red.

Other things I hope to have time for
Chrome powdercoated valve covers
Billet grille
Diamondplate skidplates
Coated springs,pushrods and rockers

Dyt is pulling yard duty right now and has the engine.
So i'm doing everything else to GT chassis I can,with plans to complete swap this winter or hopefully earlier.
I'll be happy getting half of it done.

Threads
The mower was an old White that was very rusty. I disassembled just about everything. I had to weld both sides where the axle and the body (frame)meet, as it was broken. Took most of it to bare metal and primed it. The color was light gray and gray. I wanted something sporty so I had the idea to make a Ferrari. It had to be red over black. This was a VERY low budget project so I painted it by spray can. I took my time and applied several coats and rubbed it out. Its not perfect but I was happy how it turned out. I installed led taillights that are not on the picture.

Attachments

• ferrari 007.jpg
    ferrari 007.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 123
  • ferrari 005.jpg
    ferrari 005.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 137
  • ferrari 009.jpg
    ferrari 009.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 92
  • ferrari 006.jpg
    ferrari 006.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 111

Def-Ed

Threads
Here's a few completed parts for the garden tractor.
Decided against chrome powdercoat for valve covers.
And spindles were coated with ceramic lubricant instead of moly,mainly because the ceramic was already loaded and it'll work great also.
660921ce.jpg