whats the point of a oversided MTD like this?

1970_raider10

Forum Newbie
Threads
IMAG0183.jpg

I understand if this was a Big 'ol Airens or Toro from back in the day..but the cheapness that things are made nowadays, I cant imagine this being any sturdier than say a 28" model(like the one beside it..which it shares all its drive components with)...oh it's 45" wide, weighs almost 500 lbs, the motor is generic and it costs $2600.00

possum

Threads
Those seem to be somewhat popular around here, the school system has two here in town and the fellows at the school think fairly high of them. I have seen at least a half dozen around town here. Seems the larger places use those for snow, Exmark for mowing, and Stihl for trimming.

LandN

Threads
For small(ish) parking lots,and large driveways etc. pretty much a special purpose blower that would be happy in the long straight-a-ways. to finesse that blower in tight areas would be an issue i would not care to do. the dual tires would require wider than normal ramps if hauling in the back of a truck:thumbdown:,so utility trailoring it would probably be the the thing to do to transport. i looked at one last year to possibly buy one, but getting it out of my garage WITHOUT removing a vehicle first was out of the question,so i settled for a 30" blower that i can easily get in and out of the garage(with both vehicles in) and the 30" blower does a very good job and built very sturdy for my use.

panabiker

Threads
These seem to be perfect for snow removal contractors to clean sidewalks of an apartment/condo complex. These developments in my area have 4 feet (48") wide sidewalks. They only have to go through once to clean the snow. With a 28", they'd have to do it twice, and time is money.