What's the Best Riding Lawn Mower for ~2 acres

Jajisee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have about 2 acres of lawn, mostly zoysia grass (which I love) and have been through several mowers: Simplicity, John Deere, and two Husqvarna's. The smaller Husky (pressed deck) is getting older and needing more repairs. In ya'all's experience, what's the best mowing and most dependable (maintenance free) 48" riding mower? I have plugger aerator and dethatcher that I pull twice a year. I would appreciate your recommendations.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I know they cost more, but from your description I would recommend a Kubota tractor T-Series. Better yet G-Series, but costs even more. With Kubota you get what you pay for.

DanDavis_

Forum Newbie
Threads
For me I would recommend John D x700. It has really comfortable seats and run smoothly. My machine is a seconded-handed, received from my brother and has been used for like 5 years. Just spend some time on changing the blade and air filters, no other issues

Auto Doc's

Threads
I have about 2 acres of lawn, mostly zoysia grass (which I love) and have been through several mowers: Simplicity, John Deere, and two Husqvarna's. The smaller Husky (pressed deck) is getting older and needing more repairs. In ya'all's experience, what's the best mowing and most dependable (maintenance free) 48" riding mower? I have plugger aerator and dethatcher that I pull twice a year. I would appreciate your recommendations.

Auto Doc's

Threads
Stop buying hardware "box store" models, they do not have the quality or reliability of a commercial grade.

I suggest a rider with a minimum 25hp Kohler, and a 54"-60" cut. Look for a heavy welded "fabricated" cutter deck and stay away from the stamped 1-piece formed decks.

Name brands are not a key factor because there only a few companies who actually manufacture the mowers and they are sold under private labeling agreements.

Another point to look for is the less electronics the better. Bells and whistles and pretty dash light will give you nothing but headaches. (They also cost much more initially and to maintain)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Greenfields Fast Cut 36 but you are probably not allowed to buy them in the USA