What would you do?

Threads
We have a little dog where we live that goes from house to house he has an owner but he just roams around, and everyone is ok with that.. I have never seen him bother anything trash, children, etc.. all he wants to do is play, and be a puppy. I have seen him several times playing with other dogs, and children in the neighborhood.. I had noticed recently one of his eyes is clouded over, and after further investigation found out through one of the kids that his mom had shot the puppy in the eye with an air rifle.. I ask him why, and he said because she didnt want the dog in their yard.. Talking about being PO,ed, and thats putting it nicely. I would like to dropkick her a** but one i dont hit women, and 2 i would lower myself to her very low level.. but now i am not sure who to report this too, or if its going to be one of those running at large things (the dog) that protects this idiot from being held responsible for what she did.. I know the only defense she has is stupidity, and that is what usually prevents any action against someone like this. I dont know maybe i should mind my own business but i dont think its right.., and she should answer for what she has done...

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bless you for your concern, but sad to say, the law says the owner of the dog is responsible to keep it under control at all times. The woman who shot it is lower than snake poop, but the kid who ratted her out is not what one would call a reliable witness. His testimony would be considered hearsay...have you considered telling the owner of the dog what you know? Sigh...odds are, he is just as much a moron as the cretin who shot his pet. If he cared, the dog would not be running loose.

If it were me, I would write the dog's name in big black letters on a fist size rock, then pitch it at her car windshield some dark night. Owner letting the dog roam is wrong, her shooting it is wrong, by smashing her windshield you are also wrong, but remember, although two wrongs don't make a right, three do.

And since the dog's owner is so carefree, perhaps a call to animal control is in order. You can catch the dog and hold it for pickup, and contact them, and tell them you "heard" someone shot the animal. If the dog's owner is so (censored) uncaring, he doesn't deserve to be called the owner.

Shoot...(no sarcasm intended) I wish I could offer more advice.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I can only second what JD has said.

I don't know what is worse, the b****** that lets the dog roam free, or the b*** who shot it in the eye! :mad:

Personally, I'd contact your local pet protection organisation and tell them about it.

I doubt anything in the way of punishment will come to the woman, as there is no proof, and what the boy said is indeed just hearsay.

As for smashing her windscreen, I wouldn't do that, as if found out you would get fined for it, however, I'm sure a "puncture" wouldn't arise any suspicions! :rolleyes:

It is very commendable of you to be so concerned, and I wish there were more people like you in this world.

Threads
Bless you for your concern, but sad to say, the law says the owner of the dog is responsible to keep it under control at all times. The woman who shot it is lower than snake poop, but the kid who ratted her out is not what one would call a reliable witness. His testimony would be considered hearsay...have you considered telling the owner of the dog what you know? Sigh...odds are, he is just as much a moron as the cretin who shot his pet. If he cared, the dog would not be running loose.

If it were me, I would write the dog's name in big black letters on a fist size rock, then pitch it at her car windshield some dark night. Owner letting the dog roam is wrong, her shooting it is wrong, by smashing her windshield you are also wrong, but remember, although two wrongs don't make a right, three do.

And since the dog's owner is so carefree, perhaps a call to animal control is in order. You can catch the dog and hold it for pickup, and contact them, and tell them you "heard" someone shot the animal. If the dog's owner is so (censored) uncaring, he doesn't deserve to be called the owner.

Shoot...(no sarcasm intended) I wish I could offer more advice.

The kid that ratted her out was her own son.. Yes i think the best policy would be to just tell the owners of the dog what i know, and let them handle it from there.. I am with you if the owner cared they would secure the dog to keep it safe seeing how we have a leash law here. After letting them know, and i get no response i will call animal control..

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Please let us know what happens :smile:

Threads
Hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Please let us know what happens :smile:

One way, or another i have been trying to contact the dogs owner but she works some crazy hours. I will keep everyone posted..