What would it take?

Alanky

Threads
I believe your drive plate off that 8hp will go right on your twin. Looks like its in good shape. I do accept donations you know! :tongue:

Alanky

Threads
Do you have a post about those.mowers under your name? That looks like something I may want to try!

52water

Threads
Alanky.
Are you talking about the propane conversions?

scott47429

Threads
well now that we know we are dealing with a 8 horse instead of a 5 horse that makes things a little easer yes the bolt holes should line right up like one guy said you may have to enlarge them and the drive plate should fit the new engine the safe should be the same so now the big things will be the exhaust and the gas tank and with a little creativity that should be no problem at all like it has been said before with a torch and a welder you can make anything work

txzrider

Threads
the thing with snappers is... most of them are configured so they can be stood up on the bumpers in the back for storage or servicing of the blade. Your conversion needs to keep that in mind. Notice where the oil intake pipe is. That needs to be at the back or else when you stand it up... its going to dump oil! If that was the B&S single of the same hp... this would be absolutely painless. I will be curious to see if you get this worked out. Assuming you can get the motor situated the way it needs to be (or you decide against standing it on end in the future), the only thing you may have to worry about is wiring. I did all this on my snapper zrider (13hp 28707 to 19hp single). wiring was my only issue, had to add a wire for the carb solinoid and alternator was slightly diff.

Alanky

Threads
Mines still able to be stood on its end. Wiring colors were the same, but the plugs were different. I just changed the end of the plug. It's a fairly simple swap once you get into it. Just looking at it..it looks harder than it is. Exhaust and fuel tank will be the only thing you'll have to come up with. Even that's not to bad though.

52water

Threads
I didn't do a post on how I did any of the propane conversions. I did put a link to the site where i got my parts . Generator Conversion Kits to Propane and Natural Gas.
There is a lot of information on that site that you can look over and get a good idea about propane conversions. They sell kits or you can just buy individual parts from them.
They were always very helpful when i called and needed information also. I think that the next conversion that I do, I will see if i can do a video of it as I do it.
As far as the Snapper project goes, its still up in the air as to what I'm going to do for sure. I have a lot of other things that I need to get done first. In the meantime ,I'll take all the suggestions that i can get. I just found this forum not very long ago and its been great to be able to see what everyone else is doing. When I get started on the Snapper or any other projects, I'll start a new post in the Build It Yourself section.
I'd like to thank everyone for all the help and input.