What the heck motor do I have!?!

Fatpig

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please help! I just bought a little mini bike with an old briggs motor. I have tried to look up the numbers but just get confused. I need to get a few parts to bring this baby back to life. Any help would be appreciated. Here are the numbers on the motor: 92502 0760 01 7101284

ChrisBFRPKY

Threads
Please help! I just bought a little mini bike with an old briggs motor. I have tried to look up the numbers but just get confused. I need to get a few parts to bring this baby back to life. Any help would be appreciated. Here are the numbers on the motor: 92502 0760 01 7101284
Your numbers come back to a vertical shaft engine, that's wrong for a minibike. More than likely you have something like a 91200 horizontal 3.5hp Briggs engine or similar. The older stuff can throw you off because sometimes guys would replace the blower housing/recoil start with one from a 3 or 3.5hp vertical push mower as they will fit. So you'll have to do some investigation to identify your engine. Those blower housings will interchange with a few of the smaller Briggs engines. You may have a 2.0, 3.0 or a 3.5hp engine. Start by pulling the head and measure the bore and stroke. Compare your readings with the 2hp, 3hp and the 3.5hp Briggs horizontal engine specs. It should be easy to identify what you have so you can order your parts. Remember to order parts for the horizontal version of your engine as the vertical internal and external carb/tank parts differ quite a bit.