Export thread

What sensor is this Murray riding mower

Justwayne

Justwayne

IMG_20201023_123516.jpg

Attachments

Justwayne

Justwayne

What sensor is this and where does it go? Found it hanging unplugged over the rear axle of my 2004 Murray riding mower. Thanks. The wires go back up to the key area

Fish

Fish

Looks like it could be the seat switch. Put up your mower's model numbers off of the tag on the backside.

Fish

Fish

Hard to tell from your pic. Does this look like it?

switchseat.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Yep, it looks like a seat switch from your 2nd picture.
img_20201023_123506-jpg.54674

Fish

Fish

At first I thought it was an electro-cardiagram lead...

I

ILENGINE

Looks more like a headlight holder to me.

StarTech

StarTech

same here.

R

Rivets

IL wins, light socket.

B

bertsmobile1

Hard to tell anything when people take photos with their camera in a bucket or dirty water

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I need to go get my eyes checked.

Justwayne

Justwayne

Cool so it's a bulb socket? Noticed the mowers never had headlights that worked or harness just empty headlamps in the hood. It was down under the belt up around rear axle unplugged at the connector. Seen it goes right up to the key switch. Do some Murray mowers not have functional headlamps? Ever since I've used it seen it didn't have the headlamp harness or sockets under the hood. It was my grandfather's Murray bought from Walmart in 2004.

tom3

tom3

Some older Murrays have the shift on the fender and a reverse lock out contact piece there.

Justwayne

Justwayne

IMG_20201024_083640.jpg

Attachments

tom3

tom3

We might be missing something here. Does the mower run like it should?

dougand3

dougand3

Post the LT model #. On fuel tank label or under seat. Type it out - don't try to take a pic of it.

Justwayne

Justwayne

IMG_20201024_111851.jpg
Believe it is the headlight harness. It has the second set of spade terminals. A few years ago went to see it doesn't have headlights so couldn't cut grass in the evening. I just seen harness wrapped around the belt up to the rear axle. Nice anyone know the correct part number replacement harness with the bulb sockets.IMG_20201024_111650.jpg

StarTech

StarTech

250X92MA

And here what the light socket looks like, just make sure it is what you are looking at as the images posted are pretty blurry.
41C8BJf4eVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Fish

Fish

Type it out - don't try to take a pic of it.
What are you getting at?

Fish

Fish

He might just need to clean off his lens a little.

StarTech

StarTech

No just that he is too close or auto focus not working but I am used to blurry images as near sighted as I am. The model number is 425001X8A.

B

bertsmobile1

Hard to tell anything when people take photos with their camera in a bucket or dirty water

Justwayne

Justwayne

Great so 250x92MA is the correct harness I seen. Any idea the bulb socket part numbers? Are both the same left and right? The harness doesn't include sockets or bulbs. So what are the correct bulb socket part numbers as well as replacement bulbs numbers? I may be able to make my own harness just crimp it similar to the original since it's 8$ plus shipping. Thanks please let me know the correct bulb socket numbers since they're sold separately from harness. I gave my lawnmower model # above. Thanks fo the help guys like to get the headlights working so I can cut early mornings and evenings.

StarTech

StarTech

1001716MA

tom3

tom3

I'd search around the net for a smaller LED light bar, wire to the original headlight power, ten times the light for less current, won't normally burn out.