What mower for slopes and 3/4 acre yard?

guest2

Threads
What zero turn or best mower for slopes under 8k

I am looking for a new mower (really like my old zero turn but it is getting tired) this is for about a 3/4 acre yard with half of it being about a 20 degree grade. I have leaf vacuum attachments that I use in the fall and would like too be able to attach a snow remover to it of possible but that is not necessary if not easily done. 50" cut or less but not too small. Thanks for the input. A Ventrac would be great if they built one small and afforable enough. Does anyone else make a good for wheel or all wheel drive mower for less than let's say 6-7K.

Last edited:

Slater

Threads
I would give my +1 vote for the Ventrac 3000 series (own a 3200 myself and love it!), but I understand your concern on price. I have a 25 degree slope that I operate up and down without any problem and 20 degrees sideways is not a problem. Plus using the blade for snow removal is a breeze!

They are hard to find on the market as most people don't get rid of them, but sometimes you can find an older one for a very good price.
Have you tried checking online at all for them or maybe trying Ventracs Dealer Locator and checking the dealers close to you, giving them a call and seeing if they have any older used ones?

Quick Google search and here is the first 3000 series model, but you would need to call the dealer for price, but I could see that at going for a very good price, maybe they can throw in a blade too and get you in your price range...
IRON Search - 2003 Ventrac 3000 Tractor Compact For Sale By Hines Equipment in Pennsylvania

Just an idea, good luck in your search!

(I know Husqvarna has some dealers in the states that carry a few units that are similar to Ventrac's 3000 series (Husqvarna). They are much more common in Europe I believe, I don't have any experience with them, but if you have a dealer close enough that carries them, it may be another option that fits closer to your price range?)

guest2

Threads
I would give my +1 vote for the Ventrac 3000 series (own a 3200 myself and love it!), but I understand your concern on price. I have a 25 degree slope that I operate up and down without any problem and 20 degrees sideways is not a problem. Plus using the blade for snow removal is a breeze!

They are hard to find on the market as most people don't get rid of them, but sometimes you can find an older one for a very good price.
Have you tried checking online at all for them or maybe trying Ventracs Dealer Locator and checking the dealers close to you, giving them a call and seeing if they have any older used ones?

Quick Google search and here is the first 3000 series model, but you would need to call the dealer for price, but I could see that at going for a very good price, maybe they can throw in a blade too and get you in your price range...
IRON Search - 2003 Ventrac 3000 Tractor Compact For Sale By Hines Equipment in Pennsylvania

Just an idea, good luck in your search!

(I know Husqvarna has some dealers in the states that carry a few units that are similar to Ventrac's 3000 series (Husqvarna). They are much more common in Europe I believe, I don't have any experience with them, but if you have a dealer close enough that carries them, it may be another option that fits closer to your price range?)

Thanks for the reply, no luck yet on finding a Husqvarna dealer that will even talk about the all wheel drive model. I am in Oklahoma so that probably means enough said? right. Still looking though sound s interesting.

Slater

Threads
It seems the Husqvarna dealers for those specific units are very few and far between, more concentrated on the eastern seaboard.