What kind of Oil do you use in your Gravleys?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
DJ and Rey,

Both nice post and I understand what both of you are saying. It was kind of both you to express your fondness for both oils.

If I had the money I would use 50/50 Amsoil/B&S....:laughing:

However, due to the avaibuilty I'll probably just use Valoline 10W40:confused2:

Just never heard of your 50/50 Amsoil/B&S. Nothing wrong with Valoline oil.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just never heard of your 50/50 Amsoil/B&S. Nothing wrong with Valoline oil.

I think he meant he would use the Amsoil you recommended "or" the B & S oil I use. All of these oils, including the Valvoline, will do fine and like you said...the controversy of regular oil versus synthetic is "endless" and the main thing is....nobody's really right or wrong, it's mostly just a personal preference thing if you do regular maintenance.

Barney Fife

Threads
DJ you are right, I am a cut-up, its hard for me to be serious about anything, but, religion and politix. Both of those I take very serious.

Barney Fife

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
DJ you are right, I am a cut-up, its hard for me to be serious about anything, but, religion and politix. Both of those I take very serious.

Barney Fife

Not a problem...this debate on regular oil versus synthetic gets quite heated sometimes and a chill pill of some humor never hurts!!! I just participated in yet another thread where a user(pretty sure he mows commercially) change his synthetic oil every 20 hours....yeah, for most commercial guys that would be once....maybe twice a week. Shelling out that much money for oil changes on a mower ain't funny....it's almost ridiculous:0)