Engine What is this??

RyanDew

Forum Newbie
My Troy Bilt 11A-436A711 decided not to start this season. I took the carburetor off and gave it a good cleaning and still, nothing! When I looked closer I noticed a gray, hard plastic tube that was broken. I have NO IDEA what this tube is and if it would affect the lawn mower starting. It connects the engine to the carburetor. Anyone have an ideas? Thanks for the help.
-Frustrated Lawn Mower Owner who's grass is getting long!
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 14
It is the intake tube or manifold for your engine. Take it to any good repair shop, they should be able to get you a new one. Doubt forget to get new gaskets also.
 
EXCELLENT!!! Now I know what it is. Would this broken piece be the cause to the lawn mower not starting?
 
Numbers either stamp on the engine should or cover, or on the decal will tell you which engine your have.
 
Found the number, parts ordered from eBay, $20 total for the piece and a carb overhaul kit. I'll post again once I get it installed. Thanks again.
 
Back
Top