what is proper procedure to fill hydrostatic oil in transmission

honda1

Threads
  • / what is proper procedure to fill hydrostatic oil in transmission
I am working on a Honda hrc 2163 hxa mower.I had taken the fluid level dip stick to check transmission fluid level and didn't put it back I went to do something else and when I got back
i then started to take the blade clutch out and I tipped the mower on its side and lost a all the transmission oil
my question is what is the proper oil for this transmission and procedure to refill the oil and take out any air bubbles that might be in there
tia

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am working on a Honda hrc 2163 hxa mower.I had taken the fluid level dip stick to check transmission fluid level and didn't put it back I went to do something else and when I got back
i then started to take the blade clutch out and I tipped the mower on its side and lost a all the transmission oil
my question is what is the proper oil for this transmission and procedure to refill the oil and take out any air bubbles that might be in there
tia

Step 1 is to top off the HST fluid level.
-Park the mower on a flat, level surface. Remove the transmission cover plate.
-Clean clippings, debris, etc. from the filler cap area.
-Remove the dipstick/filler cap and wipe the tip clean.
-Thread it back in, then remove and confirm the fluid level is between the upper and lower marks.
-Add ONLY Honda HST fluid (Honda Part number 08208-HST02) as needed to get the level between the two marks. Honda does not approve any other brand of type of fluid be used in Honda HST transmission. FYI, this is not a "money grab" by Honda, it's just the fluid is a unique formula that is specific to Honda HSTs, and there is no alternate or substitute fluid that has been tested and/or approved by Honda.

Step 2 is to test the mower's drive:
-With the change lever set to SLOW, the mower should propel across a 30 foot section of flat level pavement in 9~10 seconds
-With the change lever set to FAST, the mower should propel across a 30 foot section of flat level pavement in 6 seconds or less.

If the mower does not propel or is too slow, a cable adjustment may help, but if you suspect air has gotten into the system, a full bleed may be required. This requires removal of the transmission from the mower, and a precise installation and cable (change level cable and drive clutch cable) adjustment.

If you need the full procedure, drop me a PM with your full email and I'll send you a copy of the Service Bulletin with all the details.

honda1

Threads
Step 1 is to top off the HST fluid level.
-Park the mower on a flat, level surface. Remove the transmission cover plate.
-Clean clippings, debris, etc. from the filler cap area.
-Remove the dipstick/filler cap and wipe the tip clean.
-Thread it back in, then remove and confirm the fluid level is between the upper and lower marks.
-Add ONLY Honda HST fluid (Honda Part number 08208-HST02) as needed to get the level between the two marks. Honda does not approve any other brand of type of fluid be used in Honda HST transmission. FYI, this is not a "money grab" by Honda, it's just the fluid is a unique formula that is specific to Honda HSTs, and there is no alternate or substitute fluid that has been tested and/or approved by Honda.

Step 2 is to test the mower's drive:
-With the change lever set to SLOW, the mower should propel across a 30 foot section of flat level pavement in 9~10 seconds
-With the change lever set to FAST, the mower should propel across a 30 foot section of flat level pavement in 6 seconds or less.

If the mower does not propel or is too slow, a cable adjustment may help, but if you suspect air has gotten into the system, a full bleed may be required. This requires removal of the transmission from the mower, and a precise installation and cable (change level cable and drive clutch cable) adjustment.

If you need the full procedure, drop me a PM with your full email and I'll send you a copy of the Service Bulletin with all the details.

thank you robert @Honda I will do that please send service bulletin thank you