WHAT IS A GREAT COMMERCIAL MULCHING MOWER?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Grandstand has a full 7gauge deck. The other thing is the GS is you can operate the mower on a slope of 20 degrees safely. If you're into the Gravely mowers they have there Pro Stance which is there stander.
Ric,
Yeah, I saw their stander. I also looked at Wright commercial ZTR's and they also had a very nice looking stander(the Wrights were way above my budget). But I needed a ZTR and wouldn't fair well with a stander. I had polio which affected the muscle system in my right leg and as I've aged I now have to deal with Post Polio Syndrome which basically means the left(strong) leg has done double-duty all these years and the muscle system fatigues really fast. Although I do have a personal Segway my wife got me for Christmas 2004 and it's basically a zero turn "stander vehicle":0)
You know.....there's an idea......combine the Segway technology with the Stander ZTR technology and you could have a mower that is controlled completely by gyroscopes and the shift of your weight on the platform. That would revolutionize landscaping as we know it and make the developer(s) of that machine instant millionaires. You wanna collaborate on that idea????:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric,
Yeah, I saw their stander. I also looked at Wright commercial ZTR's and they also had a very nice looking stander(the Wrights were way above my budget). But I needed a ZTR and wouldn't fair well with a stander. I had polio which affected the muscle system in my right leg and as I've aged I now have to deal with Post Polio Syndrome which basically means the left(strong) leg has done double-duty all these years and the muscle system fatigues really fast. Although I do have a personal Segway my wife got me for Christmas 2004 and it's basically a zero turn "stander vehicle":0)
You know.....there's an idea......combine the Segway technology with the Stander ZTR technology and you could have a mower that is controlled completely by gyroscopes and the shift of your weight on the platform. That would revolutionize landscaping as we know it and make the developer(s) of that machine instant millionaires. You wanna collaborate on that idea????:0)

Yea it sounds like the stander for you would be out of the question, the ZTR would be your best choice and the Gravely would also be a good choice. Now I don't know about the Segway thing though, as it is I loose my balance at times now on my GS :smile: if it had gyroscopes I'd probably be mowing someones living-room carpet.:laughing: