What do YOU call it, when you goof?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I recently posted a new thread on TBN, griping about poor quality plumbing valves. One member there described an experience with plumbing that went wrong, saying "I GOOBERED IT UP"....and I have been laughing about the expression every since.

Since about 1983, I have been using the term "JAFO" to describe something that goes wrong, to wit:

"Just Another Fouled-up Operation"....I could use another F-word here but someone might take offense.

Yes, I stole the term "JAFO" from the movie "Blue Thunder", in case you are wondering. :laughing:

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I always say "I made a boo-boo". Lol, it sounds so weird, but I've spent a lot of time around little kids and I'm a bit of a kid at heart so it just kinda happened I guess lol.

Wayne195

Threads
Thankfully, I never make any 'goofs'...:tongue: oops...what am I saying; yes I certainly do make mistakes sometimes, but I'm not sure what I call my mistakes...boo-boos'...goofs' just a plain mistake!:ashamed:

BGC

Threads
I usually say I screwed up. I guess I have always called my mess ups "screw ups". I have heard a lot of funny ways of saying this too. Like a friend says he unjacked it.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thankfully, I never make any 'goofs'...:tongue: oops...what am I saying; yes I certainly do make mistakes sometimes, but I'm not sure what I call my mistakes...boo-boos'...goofs' just a plain mistake!:ashamed:

I have always like this story:

TO ERR IS HUMAN

A young man once applied to a master carpenter for a job. "Do you know your trade"? the veteran inquired of the applicant. "Yes sir", said the young man. "Have you ever made a mistake?" was the next question. "No sir" said the young man, certain he would get the job.

"Then there's no way I'm going to hire you, because when you do make a mistake, you won't know how to fix it"...was the response from the older man.

Mark1

Threads
"seinor momemt" sometimes works.Or I blame it on the wife!:laughing:

NickNack

Threads
On campus they always said "My bad". At first it was cool, like people owning up to their mistakes. But then it was just what people said to get out of being hassled.

grnspot110

Threads
I just try to avoid telling anybody about it!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just try to avoid telling anybody about it!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The only people who dont BLEEP UP are the people who never do anything. When I do something dumb, I tell many others for two reasons, to inform them of what can happen, and the humor takes some of the sting out of my JAFO.