What causes electric power washers to fail?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
JD Green

The washer you have is a throw away model, that's what they made now days i hate it. I don't think there is a repair kit for that machine and if there was it would cost to much. If the repair shop charged $45.00 a hour for labor then you have parts on top of that it will be more then your $65.00 you paid for it. So i don't think there is a repair kit for it. I would call a karacher dealer and ask him what's up with this and then see if they can repair it. We are just in those times of every thing is a throw away world i don't like it any better then you do but what can a person do. I work in a small mfg plant and we make every thing that can be replaced ,on the product we make and the labor is so high that the cost of the produce is so high that no one is buying it so we are very slow to. Money talks
$45 an hour is cheap these days for labor and I'd never pay for any type of repair for a $65 item even if I could get the labor for the $45 an hour. I'm pretty handy mechanically can do brake jobs and rebuild small engines, etc. I too hate it that so much of what you buy these days is throwaway but understand your point about labor costing big bucks. I was at the local Goodwill store a few months back, someone had donated a brand new Delta brand lavatory faucet still in the OEM carton to Goodwill, I grabbed it off the shelf (marked $9.99) and Googled the model number with my Blackberry, the darn faucet was selling at Amazon.com for $229.99 !!!

Yes Delta is a great product and USA made but no way can I afford to pay $230 and tax for a lavatory faucet. People urge you to buy USA made but who can afford it these days.

Sorry if I got off topic here...