What bagging system to use

Pool hustla-518

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 IS 3200z ICD DECK WITH 37hp Kawasaki. What’s your bagging system choice

lamrith

Threads
Not sure if the system is different design for the 3200z, but I have been very un-impressed with the Ferris bagger for my 400s. It is one of their turbo-bagger setups and it completely lacks suction/power to move grass when it gets thick at all. The impeller is not in the discharge stream so it relies on air volume/velocity to move the clippings. The blower unit also really chokes down the deck discharge opening and that is where it clogs before the grass even gets to the blower assembly. It is so weak it has me to the point of wanting to sell the system or even change mowers. My old kubota would clog but only far up the discharge tube when the bags were full, never down at deck exit like the ferris setup does. I even mowed without bagger to get cut 1st and the put bagger back on and went back over to pickup only and it still clogged.

BubbaSam

Threads
I have owned a Ferris IS 1500Z for several years. Shortly after I purchased it I returned to buy a 3 bagger system as I have about a 3 acre lawn and paid about $2k for it. My feelings about it... I HATE IT! It's slightly wider than the mower and I hit EVERYTHING with it. I LOVE The mower but truly wish I had purchased the 2 bagger unit. BTW... the replacement bags for the 3 bagger system is about $400. Hope that helps!

Davenj4f

Threads
Not sure if the system is different design for the 3200z, but I have been very un-impressed with the Ferris bagger for my 400s. It is one of their turbo-bagger setups and it completely lacks suction/power to move grass when it gets thick at all. The impeller is not in the discharge stream so it relies on air volume/velocity to move the clippings. The blower unit also really chokes down the deck discharge opening and that is where it clogs before the grass even gets to the blower assembly. It is so weak it has me to the point of wanting to sell the system or even change mowers. My old kubota would clog but only far up the discharge tube when the bags were full, never down at deck exit like the ferris setup does. I even mowed without bagger to get cut 1st and the put bagger back on and went back over to pickup only and it still clogged.
Wow. I purchased the Ferris system with the impeller, and it works fine. Sucks up everything. However, I initially got the Accelerator aluminum cage and use it more often. I pull a small utility trailer behind the mower, and can fill the trailer twice before I have to dump the grass/leaves.