Wet plug

Born2Mow

Threads
When I was done I tried to throttle it down while I cleaned it up. It stalled and would not restart. I pulled the plug, and it was wet. I dried it .
I suspect you got some water on the air filter or into the fuel tank as you were cleaning. Small amounts of water (1/4 teaspoon) may be keeping the engine from getting gas, which in turn keeps it from running.

It's great that you know how to remove the float bowl. But you need to always pour the contents of the float bowl through a kitchen paper towel so you can spot any water in the fuel. (Gas will pass through while water "beads up".)

If water is in the tank, water could continue to enter the carb for several days... even after it gets running again. I like a clean engine too, but you've got to be extremely careful where and how you wash. Next time consider using a leaf blower.

And IMHO, nix the SeaFoam. That's not doing anything positive.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
+2 - Definitely use a leaf blower after mowing. As Born2mow was hitting on, I would dump the tank and flush it out.

slomo

Joed756

Threads
If you have absolutely ruled out the carb, then exhaust valve and/or rings have to be the problem. Before getting too deep I would carefully inspect the fuel tank for any crap laying around and (I harp on this) the crankcase breather and tubing are clear and not overflowing.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
As Joed756 said, cylinder block vent hose to carb inspection time?

slomo