were to find the original snapper burgundy??

Threads
im restoring a 1980 push mower and wondering were i can find the original snapper burgundy? talked to snapper and no luck on them knowing a part #. what would be a close match to the old burgundy they used to use???

Snapper1984

Threads
I use krylon cherry red gloss closest I ve found

Snapperfreak

Threads
i wish i could help on the paint but all i have is questions. is it self-propelled? which engine u got on it? vertical pul recoil? all original? PICS PLEASE:smile:

Threads
i wish i could help on the paint but all i have is questions. is it self-propelled? which engine u got on it? vertical pul recoil? all original? PICS PLEASE:smile:

yeah its self propelled and it does have the vertical recoil 4hp briggs. far as i can tell its all original. talked to snapper and they said it was built in 1980. i like u love snappers. kinda went from cars to mowers ( go figure), guess cause im gettin older and mowers are cheaper ;). i have several ive restored. i restored my 1997 moldel ninja self propelled that i bought right after my mother passed away, just finished a 2003 ninja that i got for $25 and was gonna use for parts but was in way to nice shape to part. now i have the 1980 that i bought last year used for my father before he finally this year bought a new hi-vac. we have been using snappers for 30+ years and have always had good luck with them. they are the best built and very simple to work on. i buy up all the used self propelleds i can find. now im lookin for an aluminum deck one and also a wisconsin robin like u have.

ill try to get some pics on here of my work, i have tons, took pics at every stage on all my builds.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I have to agree they are pretty easy to work on. Couple years ago I completely dis-assembled one, cleaned it up and painted (my first so wasn't great) and then sold it. Good thing I had 2 at the time and could refer to the other one when reassembling. But no better way to see how they go together. Built like tanks, 99% metal parts, all the workings out in the open to work on. Just great machines. I'm always looking for the old self-propelleds too although cant buy every one I find. Hav been lucky enough to get two really good ones free though (the 21401P from original owner and the 2cycle WR). There is one for sale about 25 miles from me that is not sp but looks in near mint shape for $80. It's mid 80s with Tecumseh engine, the one with the big air cleaner in front with the tube that wraps around to carb in back. Don't really want to spend $80 on non-sp but it's so clean. Maybe he'll take $50.

That's cool u chronicled your work. Look forward to those pics.

Threads
I have to agree they are pretty easy to work on. Couple years ago I completely dis-assembled one, cleaned it up and painted (my first so wasn't great) and then sold it. Good thing I had 2 at the time and could refer to the other one when reassembling. But no better way to see how they go together. Built like tanks, 99% metal parts, all the workings out in the open to work on. Just great machines. I'm always looking for the old self-propelleds too although cant buy every one I find. Hav been lucky enough to get two really good ones free though (the 21401P from original owner and the 2cycle WR). There is one for sale about 25 miles from me that is not sp but looks in near mint shape for $80. It's mid 80s with Tecumseh engine, the one with the big air cleaner in front with the tube that wraps around to carb in back. Don't really want to spend $80 on non-sp but it's so clean. Maybe he'll take $50.

That's cool u chronicled your work. Look forward to those pics.

thanks, yeah i see alot on ebay id love to have but people wont ship and none are close by. love to find a pac-n-sac as well, so keep me posted if u see one.

Snapperfreak

Threads
There is a snapper w/ wisconsin robin 2cycle w/blade brake clutch on eBay now for $130. It's in Elgin Illinois, don't know how close that is to u but it has the PAC-n-sac too! Says for parts / not working but still. Ya I've never seen a PAC-n-sac in person...that would be cool to have.

Threads
There is a snapper w/ wisconsin robin 2cycle w/blade brake clutch on eBay now for $130. It's in Elgin Illinois, don't know how close that is to u but it has the PAC-n-sac too! Says for parts / not working but still. Ya I've never seen a PAC-n-sac in person...that would be cool to have.

yeah im about 1,200 miles from illinois. like said not many around this area so i try to mop em up as soon as i see em. im thinkin of goin in to a part time buisness of restoring old mowers especially snappers.

SnapperGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,
I'm kinda new to this site but been in love with Snappers since my grandpa let me use his when I was a little boy. ever since then I've been trying to restore a self propelled cast aluminum deck. and my 25th anniversary snapper cast aluminum deck. As for the snapper burgundy. I've found a match that is pretty close. When I restored my grandpa's back in high school I used "International Harvester red" implement paint in a spray can. Then I clear coated it also. The paint wasn't as durable as I would of liked it to be but, with the restorations I'm working on now I will either buy a paint gun or spend the money and get it powder coated. I work in a metal fabrication plant so I can also recreate some obsolete parts if need be. I don't mind helping other people out either. I also have a You tube channel with some of my mowers on there. Feel free to check it out.

buddylee6996 - YouTube

Mwh0428

Threads
I'm using rustoleum "sunrise red" to repaint my snapper rer

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF