Export thread

Well Mowing season is just about done here

P

platefire

A real long dry spell seems to have ended the mowing season kind of early this year. I guess if it starts raining again before
the first frost, might get a little more growth.

At least I picked up a new angle grinder this summer and got a new faster/better way to sharpen my blades now as oppose
to my old antique bench grinder. I think the next thing to go are my deck spinals on my 2019 Husq that I think are running on borrowed time plus still got all original belts. Usually when you spend as much time working on them
as mowing, it's time to get another. So far the ol Husq is holding up good but I did have to replace two deck return springs
this season. Don't no whats up with that?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

the last good rainfall ive had was hurricane beryl.... its dusty here now.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Our grass had been cooked by the sun, and then decided to go dormant. 🤦🏼‍♂️ We don't have a sprinkler system set up to water the lawn because we run on well water. Nothing worse than having no grass to mow😐. When there were all the wildfires in the west here in 2021 or 2022 (?) the lawn was a literal golf course because of the Ash. Anyway, just got done tilling the yard with an old JD 318 And just spread some seed a few days ago. Also just finished my 30x36 shop with fresh concrete this week. Can't wait to get the old 72 Ford F100 and 92 F150 pulled into the shop and eventually on a lift😁. Been working on a full rebuild on the Red 92 F150 from the cylinder heads up. Putting a lot of time and $ into this beauty of a truck and I think its going to be worth it in the end. 1972 Ford F100 360 4x4 Manual - 1992 Ford F150 302 Reg cab shortbed 4x4 manual

StarTech

StarTech

Considering the cost of used vehicles now most older vehicles are worth repairing. I recently put $2200 in my 2000 S1500 by install a recon transmission. Took me 4 months with work and my health problems. Now I got about 350K miles on the PU.

Here I been more or less letting my lawn to reseed itself.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Considering the cost of used vehicles now most older vehicles are worth repairing. I recently put $2200 in my 2000 S1500 by install a recon transmission. Took me 4 months with work and my health problems. Now I got about 350K miles on the PU.

Here I been more or less letting my lawn to reseed itself.
used vehicles are ridiculous.. Thats why i jumped on the dodge i'm driving now for $2200 2 years ago, so far just a water pump and 02 sensors and control arm bushings... piles of junk are selling for $5000🙄🙄🙄🙄

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Yeah, newer vehicles are more expensive, but not more durable...

P

platefire

My 1994 Ranger is up to 399K original engine. Had it from new and always change the oil/filter & grease ever 5K miles. Had multiple people stop by wanting to buy it. I just tell them no because
I would just have to turn around and buy another. I have looked at some used trucks for sale
but at today's prices I end up deciding to keep running my Ranger

Well my mowers are put up in storage, maybe I'll have a new lawn to mow next mow season..

P

platefire

I got to where I get it all dun with a 42" Husq rider and a HD Stihl weed eater. 1.8 Acres and a lot of trees(and roots). The self propelled push mower hasn't been fired up in a couple of seasons. I'll probably touch up the high spots before I run them dead dry of gas and put them away. It hasn't rained in about two months of more

S

slomo

New or old, you all better be wiring up an ignition kill switch, HIDDEN in the car. All these new Kamala/Biden "migrants" are stealing cars left and right here in OKC. Shootings are off the charts in the poorer side of town.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

@slomo yeah, what did they think was going to happen when they let all these immigrants in 🙄 Lucky for us, these immigrants are too stupid to know what a "kill switch" is lol. I'm near Portland, Oregon so not sure if this totally applies to me.

S

slomo

@slomo yeah, what did they think was going to happen when they let all these immigrants in 🙄 Lucky for us, these immigrants are too stupid to know what a "kill switch" is lol. I'm near Portland, Oregon so not sure if this totally applies to me.
They are flying them in all over the place thanks to you and I. No house for them, we'll just throw them in a luxury hotel. Destroy the hotel, not a problem.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

I never voted for Biden-Harris in 2020. I Don't think a lot of people actually voted for Biden and Harris in the first place😒

That part is irrelevant...

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Ah, but isn't freedom of speech great 🙃

G

GearHead36

My 1994 Ranger is up to 399K original engine. Had it from new and always change the oil/filter & grease ever 5K miles. Had multiple people stop by wanting to buy it. I just tell them no because
I would just have to turn around and buy another. I have looked at some used trucks for sale
but at today's prices I end up deciding to keep running my Ranger
I'm in this boat, too. Several years ago, I bought a 2000 Ranger for $1000, and it was a basket case. It needed work on: engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, A/C, radio, window and door lock switches. I put about another $1000 in it, and it runs, stops, and steers like new. Still looks crappy, but it runs great. That same kind of basket case is $3000 these days. I would kinda like to have a truck that can tow more, but as we just mentioned, even used trucks are stupid expensive. My Ranger will do anything I need a truck for, except towing, and even then, I can tow my riding mowers with it.

Craftsman Garage

Craftsman Garage

Yeah, originally I was looking for a Ranger too, but I needed something just a little bit stronger, while being a relatively small truck. That's how I found my 92 F150 reg cab short bed. It was actually cheaper than some of the Rangers out here for sale. Plus I wanted a V8 too 😏. I bought it for $2800 and changed plug wires, plugs, Distributor, lower intake manifold, Rebuilt injectors, and a new radio. It needs new suspension too so scraping up the money for that. Do you guys want to post pictures of your trucks? I'll post a photo of mine later today.