Weird Transmission Problem

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes Hydro Gear units uses 20W50 motor oil. Note following shows the 310-0510 but the 322-0510 procedure is the same.
1656846003257.png

wadlell

Forum Newbie
Threads
We changed out the oil this moring and can not get the tires to move. Is it possible there is air trapped in the unit and is there a procedure for getting air out of the unit?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1660664938332.png
Note: You may need oil during the purging procedure as noted in step two.

Shawn R.

Threads
I checked the air filter (Part #496894) for the first time in years and found that it was gunked up. I've had a few of these old riding mowers over the years but this was the first time I checked the air filter. Someone at Ace Hardware mentioned that maybe the motor is overheating. And that's why it slows down and stops moving. This filter is in horrible shape. No wonder the motor can't breathe. I don't know for sure if this is the cause but I want to try and clean it as best I can. What should I use to clean this with? I've already placed an Amazon order online for a new filter and should have it in a few days.

Attachments

• 496894.jpg
    496894.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 3

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you can clean some with an air cannon and special dry cleaning solvent
We get this done with the skid steer because its filters are over $ 100 and they need cleaning almost daily in very dusty conditions
Down side is it cost $ 40 a hit
These air filters are throw aways .

Shawn R.

Threads
Well you can clean some with an air cannon and special dry cleaning solvent
We get this done with the skid steer because its filters are over $ 100 and they need cleaning almost daily in very dusty conditions
Down side is it cost $ 40 a hit
These air filters are throw aways .
I have something like an air cannon and a bottle of parts cleaner that drys fast. Dunno if this combination will work but I will try to clean it tomorrow.
-----Edit-----
Tried to clean it out today (9/18/2022) and cut the yard afterwards. To be honest, I don't think the cleaning did much as that stuff is like a muck of sorts. I noticed that while I was cutting the yard, it lasted about 5-8 minutes longer than usual. I am interested to see how much longer it'll last with a brand-new air filter.

Last edited: