weedeater

logert gogert

Threads
hi,
im 13 so take my opinion lightly
i have a decent lawn care business in my neighborhood and i have about 12 yards right now, so when it comes to lawn equipment, i kind of know what I'm talking about, i have tried many weedeaters, and right now i think the best bang for your buck would be ( i have this seedeater ) a troy built, i got mine at home depot for 100$, its a 30 cc, straight shaft trimmer, its very powerful for its class, it can power through surprisingly very tall grass, one time i had to do someones back yard yard and the grass wass about as tall as me, and I'm 5'3, and it went through it very well, its very light and easy to use, but personally i would not get a "weedeater" brand trimmer, i have not had very much luck with those as for mine did not last very long, and it wasn't very powerful.

heres the seedeater that i have:
SALETroy-Bilt 30 cc 4-Cycle Straight Shaft Attachment Capable Gas Trimmer with JumpStart Capabilities$99.99$180Home Depot(692)Free shippingFor most items:90-day return policy

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One thing I would not recommend is the 4 cycle version that uses an oil dipper system. Many may just make it through the first before they burn themselves from lack of proper oiling. Troybilt 4 cycles are one the worst I have seen here. The main problem is that you operate them level and not inverted due to the oil dipper system.

Now Stihl makes some excellent 4 mix trimmers. They true 4 cycle trimmers that use 2 cycle fuel mix. Shindaiwa also make very good 4 cycle trimmer that have oil pumping system via reed valves where they a separate oil tank and uses straight fuel.

As owners trimmers Homelite did make good trimmers but I don't know about the latest models. I have however used the older model quite heavy on the 14 acre farm.

logert gogert

Threads
uuuum, i actually posted the wrong link...oops lol
mine is actually a 2cycle

logert gogert

Threads
so just forget about the link.....
but every thing i said about MY trimmer is true
the only bad thing about it is it seems to lea gas, not from the tank, but i think it coming from the carb, when ever i go trim, i always notice the air intake has some gas in it...any1 know why???

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Echo trimmers only have a two year commercial warranty, but 90% of the commercial guys around here love them.

bogdaN

Threads
I vote for Homelite ST-155 or newer Not the China made.Those old curve shaft runs forever and last vibration comparing to Featherlite.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually the Shindaiwa is probably the same Echo just in drag. Both companies have merged.

I'm aware of the merger.
The diff between the Shin & Echo are that the Shin has a soild drive shaft. Echo does not.
And has a full protection guard under the fuel tank as opposed to the 1/2 one on Echo. I could go on. But I like my Shindaiwa.

Jake8131

Threads
Gpo with the Black & Decker LSTE522. It is an excellent battery powered weed eater.