weed eaters that aren't total garbage

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Stihl equipment is very good but it sound you are having one of my days where everything go wrong at the same time. What pisses me off as a shop is the fact the Stihl is making it impossible to repair the carburetors by making it nearly impossible to get the repair kits. I currently having to replace a $100 carburetor simply because Stihl refuses to sell the $15-$25 repair kit. Matter of fact this makes the 10th carburetor so far this year that I had to replace for customers because of this attitude from Stihl. I missing the days where I could get the kits thru my Zama distributor for these Stihl carburetors.

I have to disagree that the Echo SRM 225 are good units especially when used commercially. They make it only a couple years before the cylinder plating wears thru. Home owner use usually last a lot longer; unless, me where I have 14 acres to trimmer every few weeks.

It is also to be noted that new equipment simply don't last like the older equipment. Cheaper designs.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like stihl products and i like working on them but i hate trying to get parts. So far i have not had to buy a carb for one this year. I think aftermarket is coming out with more zama type stuff
like G&D kits since stihl put the screws to us.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I like stihl products and i like working on them but i hate trying to get parts. So far i have not had to buy a carb for one this year. I think aftermarket is coming out with more zama type stuff
like G&D kits since stihl put the screws to us.
I really hope they do as Stihl is just ripping off their customers. But finding them is harder as Stihl changing over to a new system of labeling the carburetors. The new ones has model numbers like 4147/25B instead the familiar Zama C1Q numbers.