Weather

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man, is it just the NE, or has this been the meanest, nastiest, longest b!tch of a winter we've had in some time?

It'll get windy as the Wizard of OZ, go below zero - then dump 2 feet of snow on us - stay as frigid as the arctic circle for 2 weeks, then warm up to 50 - then flood, repeat. And repeat. And repeat. Been doing this since October! I have just about had enough.

I've got an old mechanical barometer, and I swear - it's been going up and down so drastically, so quick - it's gonna break the springs!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The good thing about having a b---- of a winter like this has been is hopefully it will make us appreciate summer more when it finally arrives.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The good thing about having a b---- of a winter like this has been is hopefully it will make us appreciate summer more when it finally arrives.

Boy, you ain't kiddin!:eek: I promise, I won't complain NEARLY as much as I normally do about the heat this year!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Boy, you ain't kiddin!:eek: I promise, I won't complain NEARLY as much as I normally do about the heat this year!

I had a boss one time, a retired army officer, when people griped about the heat he would tell them:

"If you think it's hot now, just wait until you die..."

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Here in the Detroit area, we were already in the record books as the 3rd snowiest winter on record, but that was before the last 2 snowfalls which were 10" and 4" respectively. This will probably set a record, especially if it dumps on us in April and May, which has happened many times. Detroit's heaviest single snow was 2 feet that fell on May 9th, long before I was born.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Detroit's heaviest single snow was 2 feet that fell on May 9th, long before I was born.

I don't even want to think of 2 inches of snow in May, let alone 2 FEET... that would require taking mowing equipment OFF to put snow blower back ON... As I am sure to have mowers set to go in April... :smile:KennyV

grnspot110

Threads
We've had the second "snowiest" winter on record here, around 40" at last count. Some flurries today, but no accumulation. Predictions are for a major storm in a couple of weeks (hope they're wrong)!

April 9th was our latest "big" snow, 1972 (I think), I remember it, just not sure of the year! ~~ grnspot

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
We've had the second "snowiest" winter on record here, around 40" at last count. Some flurries today, but no accumulation. Predictions are for a major storm in a couple of weeks (hope they're wrong)!

April 9th was our latest "big" snow, 1972 (I think), I remember it, just not sure of the year! ~~ grnspot

Makes for good syrup in the spring, tho -

:licking: