Walker MDD having issues on Hills -- Help

pjmjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1999 MDDGHS, about 2000hours, I recently moved from a property that was basically flat to a large 3.2 acre lot with 15 to 18 degree hills.
The problem is a either loose traction climbing, (tires spin) or the machine just slows down and stops in the middle of the hill.
When it stops I back off all the way on the forward speed control and then slowly begin moving forward and it begins going up the hill again.
Occasionally I screeching noise and I am not sure if that is a belt slipping or a pump making noise.
I have replaced all the belts, changed fluids both pumps with 15W-50 Mobil1.
The jack shaft belt seems to bounce a lot, I replaced the idler pulley which did not resolve the issue.
I also purchased a new belt #7231 and it does not fit. My current belt is a 3VX355 which looks to be about 2 inches bigger then the 3VX335.
I purchased this machine used so I do not know exactly what has been done to it. The Jackshaft pully measures 3-1/4" in diameter which from
my research does not appear to be correct.

What is the correct size Jackshaft pully for this machine?
Are my Hydro pumps going bad?
Do I need to replace them?

The machine runs good, and I do mow sideways on the hill with no issues, but there are times when I have to go up the hill, and I do not seem to have the power.

pjmjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have spent a lot of time doing google searches and learned a lot BUT could not find any facts for my mower model.
I was hoping to learn something from another Walker mower owner.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Walker have all of their owners manuals, spares manual and parts books on line for free.
Mark gave you the link in post #2
What more do you want ?
Walker have one of the best customer service departments in the USA
they are a family owed company and very proud of their products and will shift heaven & earth to help you.
Give them a ring
Be polite.

pjmjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
They might have Best Customer service IF you can get a person on the phone.
I have been trying since Monday, have not spoken to a person yet.
We keep playing phone tag.
I cannot sit in the office 4 to 5 hours waiting for a call back, not sure who can??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Being in OZ I naturally use emails
Always answered in a day or two

footballfan33

Threads
Walker have all of their owners manuals, spares manual and parts books on line for free.
Mark gave you the link in post #2
What more do you want ?
Walker have one of the best customer service departments in the USA
they are a family owed company and very proud of their products and will shift heaven & earth to help you.
Give them a ring
Be polite.
I agree. Based on my experience, at least the greater Texas parts distributor has 2 amazing women working for them.