walbro carb rebuild kits

bedway

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not being the sharpest tool in the shed, trying to order carb rebuild kits becomes a night mare.

I have a Stihl trimmer FS65AV,,with a walbroWT38A carb. which rebuild kit?

I have a Echo chainsaw 500VL,,with a HDB9A carb. which rebuild kit?

Any help will be appreciated.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Go to Walbro's site, they have a good lookup.

The Stihl would likely be a K10-WAT or K20-WAT, either would likely work fine, the K20 has both size needles.

imcomininhot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 02 bv1800 with a wa229 carb off a neighbor thinking that I'd be lucky enough to get it running. changed the broken/cracked fuel lines, cleaned the spark plug, nothing yet...
so, troubleshooting, I looked it over, removed the muffler and tried to run it - nothing. looked at the bulb, pushed it a few times, and it got stuck in the downward position. tried to just fire it up to see if anything would happen, nothing... then, poured a tad bit of fuel in the carb and presto - she fired up for a second or two.
So obviously the fuel delivery was fouled up. ordered a carb kit, just rebuilt it this morning. cleaned out the dismantled carb with some carb cleaner and my air compressor. cleaned the little internal rubber piece that sits inside the primer bulb by removing it, spraying it out, again with the carb cleaner and air. put it back together with new screen, gaskets, needle, diaphram, etc, now the bulb pumps up real good like it's supposed to.
My problem is that it's still not getting fuel, still not firing up with out manually pouring a bit into the carb itself. There must be something blocking the fuel from squirting in there - the carb is still not doing it's job.
Any guesses as to what I might've missed or should thing bout cleaning too?
What if I adjusted the L side needle out a bit more...? maybe that would allow more fuel to get in there.
I'll shut up now.
thanks in advance.

MowerPro2

Threads
I bought a 02 bv1800 with a wa229 carb off a neighbor thinking that I'd be lucky enough to get it running. changed the broken/cracked fuel lines, cleaned the spark plug, nothing yet...
so, troubleshooting, I looked it over, removed the muffler and tried to run it - nothing. looked at the bulb, pushed it a few times, and it got stuck in the downward position. tried to just fire it up to see if anything would happen, nothing... then, poured a tad bit of fuel in the carb and presto - she fired up for a second or two.
So obviously the fuel delivery was fouled up. ordered a carb kit, just rebuilt it this morning. cleaned out the dismantled carb with some carb cleaner and my air compressor. cleaned the little internal rubber piece that sits inside the primer bulb by removing it, spraying it out, again with the carb cleaner and air. put it back together with new screen, gaskets, needle, diaphram, etc, now the bulb pumps up real good like it's supposed to.
My problem is that it's still not getting fuel, still not firing up with out manually pouring a bit into the carb itself. There must be something blocking the fuel from squirting in there - the carb is still not doing it's job.
Any guesses as to what I might've missed or should thing bout cleaning too?
What if I adjusted the L side needle out a bit more...? maybe that would allow more fuel to get in there.
I'll shut up now.
thanks in advance.

Did you adjust the metering valve right ?? (needle and lever) If the lever is adjusted to low you will not get fuel supply. Diaphragm may be working but not making contact with the lever to open up the needle for fuel flow. Just a thought.
Steve.:smile: