Vision Issues

KM Richards

Threads
I wear one of those white k95 masks when I'm mowing and that keep me OK for breathing... but I'm really getting tired of all the dirt and dust getting in to my eyes!

I tried some goggles once that were advertised to have been vented so they wouldn't fog up, but they fogged up I guess cause it was pretty hot outside.

So what other options out there?

Is there a full face mask that won't fog up or maybe something can be done to treat the interior of the frace mask so it doesn't fog up?

Just curious is anybody has a good solution for protecting both breathing and your eyes when mowing from dirt and dust.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know of a breathing + vision but there are a lot of face shields for chain sawing & line trimming
Some have full plastic shields while outers have a fine mesh
Going to be a case of finding what suits you

KM Richards

Threads
It would have to seal in your entire face to prevent the dirt and dust from getting into your eyes.

Was hoping someone that mows for a living figured out a good way to prevent all this from getting in their eyes.

KM Richards

Threads
Wow, so everyone out mowing for a living has no solution for keeping dust and dirt out of their eyes?

I thought surely the professionals would have something for this problem?

TonyPrin

Threads
I wear safety glasses with foam around the frame for dust protection and never have a problem. Also, I wear a cheap dust mask during pollen season not N95.

KM Richards

Threads
When I mow I don’t wear anything to help with breathing, allergic to nothing. Wear safety style sunglasses for eyes and works well. Everyone is different.

I'm not allergic to anything either, but I can't breath dirt that gets thrown up into the air. (some of what I'm mowing doesn't have good grass covering so lots of dirt gets thrown up and gets in my eyes)

I wear one of those white k95 masks when I'm mowing so my berating is OK, I just need something to prevent dirt and dust from getting in my eyes.

Maybe the Dewalt goggles will work out.

KM Richards

Threads
I've mowed twice now with these Dewalt goggles and they work great!

They don't fog up and I'm getting NO dirt or dust in my eyes, and they are tinted to keep the bright sunshine out of your eyes when mowing.

I wished I would have found these years ago!