Vintage Sunbeam Electric

randiosity

Forum Newbie
Threads
This forum caught my eye and before I get to my question I will give you how thismower came to me. I was at an estate sale in Northern Wisconsin last fall. I bought a few items and noticed this little electric mower. It had $20 on it. I didn't need it so took a pass. When I returned the following day to pick up what I purchased, it was still sitting there. The woman running the sale siad if I wanted it I could just take it. You can't beat "Free"so I brought it home. I noticed it seemed to be in remarkable shape so when I went back to get the last of my stuff, I asked her if she knew any of the history. Turns out her grandfather has bought it (she thought in the late 50's), mowed one strip and hit a rock that bent a blade. He straightened it as best he could, mowed another strip and ran over the cord. That was the end of it for him. It had sat in their barn for 60 years until I moved it. It appears it has maybe 20 feet of mileage on it. It isn't practical for me to have it and I am wondering if there is a value to it. What does anyone think it might be worth? Also, the blades were taken off and in a bag on top of the machine. It's missing one of the four and another is bent. Is there anyplace that might sell blades for this thing? It really is pretty cool.

Attachments

• lawnmower.jpg
    lawnmower.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
The history sounds good!
Welcome to the forum :)

Born2Mow

Threads
GREAT FIND !! Back in the mid-50's a neighbor had one of those. I always thought it was cool. But even his power cord had 3 or 4 patches !!! :ROFLMAO:

whitemustang

Forum Newbie
Threads
Back when I was I kid there was a guy in our neighborhood with an electric Sunbeam lawnmower similar to that one , that he rigged up to run off a car battery that was on the front . He was really ahead of his time with the cordless appliance .

Jerrywest5744

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have one identical in great shape. Can't find anything on it