Vintage kee/Lincoln high wheel lawn mower

Tommy123

Member
Getting ready to rebuild an old briggs and Stratton 7/8 updraft carburetor. Have heard they make leak gas even after rebuild.
Have also heard I might need to add additional gaskets to the carburetor and additional gaskets to the main jet . Although these carbs are made of pot metal, one suggestion I do not agree with but this concerned a complete new carb was to turn the main jet screw a little tighter.

Guess what I am asking is for any suggestions or tips before starting project and where is a good source to order parts.
Thank you for your help
 
Getting ready to rebuild an old briggs and Stratton 7/8 updraft carburetor. Have heard they make leak gas even after rebuild.
I did go through 3 before finding one that does not leak(after adding\repacing gaskets with no luck).
New ones are not too much if yours does still leak.

Search briggs 390323
 
Can you give us all the numbers off the engine. Then we can find you a manual and give you a few tips on how we would proceed. There were a couple different types of updraft carbs and each has its own problems. I can not remember having leaking problems on these carbs, as they are quite simple to work on.
 
Thanks for reply.Hate to be dumb but when you said 3, i guess you meant 3 carbs?
Will try rebuild ,maybe get lucky?
Thanks again for your help
 
Can you give us all the numbers off the engine. Then we can find you a manual and give you a few tips on how we would proceed. There were a couple different types of updraft carbs and each has its own problems. I can not remember having leaking problems on these carbs, as they are quite simple to work on.

Thank you
I will get numbers to you as soon as i can
 
Back
Top