Victa 2-stroke 70 series mark4

Bigseanos

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought this Victa 2-stroke, 70 series sports, mark4. I haven't been able to find any information about the mark 4. Plenty on the 1, 2, 3. I have pictures of a very real sticker that says "Series 70" "2 Stroke" "MARK 4" and it has the engines cc size but mostly missing/deteriorated all it has left is "0 cc"
I have found 1 picture on a website and the picture is identical to my machine, I'm almost convinced that mine and the one in this picture are one in the same.

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_012152_172.jpg
    IMG_20210219_012152_172.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 2

Bigseanos

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't find V174 part information anywhere

Attachments

• 20210221_042109.jpg
    20210221_042109.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 0

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome.
You are in the wrong place for Victa information as most here are Americians and the US government banned Victa several times on "safety" grounds then forced he Canadian government to do the same thing to prevent them leaking across the border .
The best Victa information will be on the Outdoor King forum , which despite having a .com address is actually based around Bruce's shop in Concord NSW.
Second best is the vintage mowers forum

The only hard thing to get for them now days are coils because Briggs & Stratton who now own Victa have stopped the supply of all Victa 2 stroke parts to force every one to buy a new B & S powered mower. Hopefully some of the after market parts suppliers will decide to get new batches made but B & S closed the factory that made the engines as well .
Other than that catchers are very hard to come by as are original carb springs but currnt model springs do fit & can be made to work properly.
V174 is the code for the entire mower
All of the series 70 engines are the same and parts will interchange or current model parts ( like the Carb ) will fit .
All of the mowers are basically the same so most of the body parts will fit but might be wrong colour .
In those days Victa had 80% of the Australian market & exported to almost every country in the world except the USA & Canada.
However the names changed both here & overseas so to avoid confusion Victa used what they called the "Victa Code" system which uses a code number ( 174 ) to identify different variants .
Decals are being made and if you can not find some , Moto Graphix will custom make you a full set but they are dye sublimetion printed onto foil so are quite expensive but well worth the cost if you want a really good restoration.
OTOH it takes very little work to get them running perfectly and doing what they were designed to do, cut grass perfectly.
If you do use it drop the oil to around 50:1 as the original mix was designed for blending with engine oil not modern ashless 2 stroke oil.
I run all of mine on 100ml to 5 litres ( 52:1 ) with plain unleaded

Bigseanos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome.
You are in the wrong place for Victa information as most here are Americians and the US government banned Victa several times on "safety" grounds then forced he Canadian government to do the same thing to prevent them leaking across the border .
The best Victa information will be on the Outdoor King forum , which despite having a .com address is actually based around Bruce's shop in Concord NSW.
Second best is the vintage mowers forum

The only hard thing to get for them now days are coils because Briggs & Stratton who now own Victa have stopped the supply of all Victa 2 stroke parts to force every one to buy a new B & S powered mower. Hopefully some of the after market parts suppliers will decide to get new batches made but B & S closed the factory that made the engines as well .
Other than that catchers are very hard to come by as are original carb springs but currnt model springs do fit & can be made to work properly.
V174 is the code for the entire mower
All of the series 70 engines are the same and parts will interchange or current model parts ( like the Carb ) will fit .
All of the mowers are basically the same so most of the body parts will fit but might be wrong colour .
In those days Victa had 80% of the Australian market & exported to almost every country in the world except the USA & Canada.
However the names changed both here & overseas so to avoid confusion Victa used what they called the "Victa Code" system which uses a code number ( 174 ) to identify different variants .
Decals are being made and if you can not find some , Moto Graphix will custom make you a full set but they are dye sublimetion printed onto foil so are quite expensive but well worth the cost if you want a really good restoration.
OTOH it takes very little work to get them running perfectly and doing what they were designed to do, cut grass perfectly.
If you do use it drop the oil to around 50:1 as the original mix was designed for blending with engine oil not modern ashless 2 stroke oil.
I run all of mine on 100ml to 5 litres ( 52:1 ) with plain unleaded
Thanks for that information! I have posted the exact same questions on 2 FB forums and the 2 forums you have mentioned. Every is stumped because that code doesn't exist anywhere so far. People are looking for it for me as well as looking myself. All or any parts I will need are very easy to obtain!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When did you do that ?
They are not current, a search for v174 yielded no results & I don't recall seeing similar question on any of them.
If Bruce, who has been a Victa certified mechanic since the 60's and run the workshop since the 70's does not know anything about it I would be amazed .
My stash of parts books is incomplete but I will have a look and see what I have downstairs.
I rarely need to consult a victa parts book for mower parts as I have a reasonable stash of deadens in the graveyard & most of the problem repairs are line trimmers & chain saws which are in a different series of parts books & of course ride ons which were sourced from MTD then Noma then Murray so it is OEM books for those parts as suppliers will not know what a Victa part number is.