Vibration in belts....

Lawn Addict
Threads
David- Enjoy it then !!!

Buddy

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a 52" Tiger Cat with 150 Brutal hours on it. The belts vibrated on it right from the start. Personally that is the ONLY thing I do not like about it. It is one grass cutting machine. We run two Kubota mowers as well. In tall grass, especially Bahia the Scag will cut circles around either of the Kubotas.

Bill Martin

Threads
This may not be your issue but it could help someone else with belt vibration. Sweet gum trees here in my state drop these little spikey balls that are a perfect fit to fly up and end up in the pulley grooves. This causes belt vibration as they stick in the pulley.

David Giles

Threads
We have a 52" Tiger Cat with 150 Brutal hours on it. The belts vibrated on it right from the start. Personally that is the ONLY thing I do not like about it. It is one grass cutting machine. We run two Kubota mowers as well. In tall grass, especially Bahia the Scag will cut circles around either of the Kubotas.

Yeah I VERY seriously considered a Kubota Z725. But I test drove two of them and just wasn't impressed. I think the main thing was that they just seemed to ride rough compared to the Tiger Cat (and I never found a Kubota with the optional suspension seat).

Anyway, the vibration in the belts doesn't really bother me. Now that I'm confident that it's normal and that there's nothing wrong with my particular machine I won't loose any sleep over it.

David Giles

Threads
This may not be your issue but it could help someone else with belt vibration. Sweet gum trees here in my state drop these little spikey balls that are a perfect fit to fly up and end up in the pulley grooves. This causes belt vibration as they stick in the pulley.

Great tip! I actually removed all three of the blade pulleys yesterday and they all looked fine. But I'll be sure to look out for any debris getting lodged in there in the future.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Absolutely! Can't wait for the grass to grow high enough to cut again! :laughing:

:laughing: Cool, I know the feeling, I was waxing mine today.. (Yes waxing it).. :cool: