Ventrac owners need to force a safety recall

Raw Dodge

Threads
If you can’t her your 4500Y running and your are in the vicinity of where it’s working and you allow it to get that close to you, then you deserve to get run over by it! It’s loud it whines and it makes lots of noise ! Stay away from equipment unless you are operating it. It certainly doesn’t need an obnoxious backup alarm to warn anyone within a half mile you are backing up .

Dennis Mohn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Before I even remark, yes I own a Stiener/Ventrac. You sound like an activist more than a concerned owner. Responsible or reasonable persons will look to be certain the area they are operating in is safe and clear. If they wish for additional equipment to be installed they will pay for it or install it themselves.

Wrenchit

Threads
Before I even remark, yes I own a Stiener/Ventrac. You sound like an activist more than a concerned owner. Responsible or reasonable persons will look to be certain the area they are operating in is safe and clear. If they wish for additional equipment to be installed they will pay for it or install it themselves.
Installing them Is a royal P.I.A.
Every school system had them installed and I dreaded installing them. Probably did 40 or so of them over the years.
That was pretty much mandatory.
Personally if I was that concerned about running someone over as a general consumer/homeowner, I would add mirrors ...

Wrenchit

Threads
Every school system had them installed and I dreaded installing them. Probably did 40 or so of them over the years.
Personally if I was that concerned about running someone over as a general consumer/homeowner, I would add mirrors ...

Dennis Mohn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree, no argument from me. I installed many over the years also, and each were unique to the machine. I will add they were installed at customer request and not by mandate

Wrenchit

Threads
I agree, no argument from me. I installed many over the years also, and each were unique to the machine. I will add they were installed at customer request and not by mandate
I could be wrong but I thing school systems and Government buy contracts require them. I have never put on on a homeowners machine. at least not yet.
If someone tries to put one on by themself, I'm sure the complaint box would fill up real quick.
LOL.