Vapor Lock on Toro v-twin

dtestin

Threads
2015 Toro 74760 24.5hp v-twin (Loncin 708cc) has vapor lock. It will not re-start after it is shut down for a few minutes. Supposedly the engine heat boils the fuel in the carb bowl and carb can't flow fuel to overpower the fuel vapor. Has anyone experienced this? It restarts fine after it has cooled down. I did get it to restart by spraying a bit of fuel into the intake - but not an ideal solution. I am getting spark and it runs great, other than the hot re-start.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
2015 Toro 74760 24.5hp v-twin (Loncin 708cc) has vapor lock. It will not re-start after it is shut down for a few minutes. Supposedly the engine heat boils the fuel in the carb bowl and carb can't flow fuel to overpower the fuel vapor. Has anyone experienced this? It restarts fine after it has cooled down. I did get it to restart by spraying a bit of fuel into the intake - but not an ideal solution. I am getting spark and it runs great, other than the hot re-start.
Come up with a way to shield carburetor and fuel line from the engine heat. Aluminum?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would think it is more likely the fuel is boiling in the fuel line and filter which creates an air lock in the line and the carburetor just runs out fuel. Shielding the line helps but got the get muffler exhaust directed away from the engine compartment. Also using Winter fuel blend during hot Spring months can be a cause too.