Vanguard 7.5 ignition coil help

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And it is a nightmare to figure who made what at times. It is like the new Snapper mowers that are under Briggs wings that are actually using Husqvarna parts. A few that have been in my shop I discovered that the Husqvarna part numbers are on many of the parts; although, when you look up the parts they have Briggs part number on the IPLs. Now some of the Husqvarna are customize for the Snappers and Husqvarna will not list those part numbers openly.

This hiding of the true manufacture is done so the equipment OEM can make more money on the parts as they know very well people like me do buy at the best price from our distributors. The internet has caused these companies headaches as we find way around their pricing schemes.

As we all should know by now OEMs are switching to selling assemblies only now which something the auto industry did decades ago. I remember when I could rebuild starters, alternators, wheel cylinders, brake master cylinders, and power rack and pinion assemblies. Now all we can get is either new or factory rebuilt units. A real irritate to someone that knows how to it but can't get the parts.

And we must be willing to retrain ourselves as the industry changes as it the case with lawn care here in the USA as we are being force into battery powered equipment to supposedly save our planet. But the manufactures must be willing to part with the info to service these unit. We must be supplied with things like wiring schematics and decent IPLs.

Our reduce, reuse, and recycle program has been a major failure now as more and more items are being throw away because the lack of parts and service info. Many of our younger techs don't even have the knowledge to do anything other than part swap, guessing at the causes. Many don't even an idea of how to troubleshoot problems.

I had one in the area that claim him knew everything about mowers because he was a diesel mechanic. Well he didn't as he screwed up several my customers mowers. I had go behind him remove his screw ups and fix the equipment correctly. I afraid the next generation will be a bunch of college educated dummies. What I mean they will be book smart but have no practical knowledge or abilities Most now can't even change out a light switch.

When I retire from this work who know if anyone will even be able or willing to do the things that I can.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The problem Star is the OEM's have no plans to make the battery equipment repairable or even serviceable. When it dies it will go straight to the landfill and get replaced. No replacement parts, no replacement batteries. and if your 48v trimmer quits with a faulty battery under warranty the OEM will just cut the customer a check and then the customer can go buy the newest 49v trimmer because the 48v battery is no longer available. The push has been in the works for years to make the service centers, and the techs NLA.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The problem Star is the OEM's have no plans to make the battery equipment repairable or even serviceable. When it dies it will go straight to the landfill and get replaced. No replacement parts, no replacement batteries. and if your 48v trimmer quits with a faulty battery under warranty the OEM will just cut the customer a check and then the customer can go buy the newest 49v trimmer because the 48v battery is no longer available. The push has been in the works for years to make the service centers, and the techs NLA.
This has been my impression for years from what I have been seeing over the years. For it has been getting harder and harder to just get the parts I need to do repairs. When the world come to realization as to what we doing to planet it probably be too late but most likely I won't be around then. I already got one foot on the banana peel and going downhill.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Star I am on the banana peel myself. 3 weeks and still don't have an ortho consult appointment. So this arm injury has the potential of leading to life changing events.

Blownvette

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you to everyone for the insight. At this point even the aftermarket ones do not appear to be proper. The one on Amazon does not match what is in the aerator. If anyone has, or knows a source for an aftermarket part it would be greatly appreciated if you were able to share it.

Attachments

• A99A18B0-6921-4412-8F8D-58BDC8740916.jpeg
    A99A18B0-6921-4412-8F8D-58BDC8740916.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 8

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Try posting a picture of the current coil.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you to everyone for the insight. At this point even the aftermarket ones do not appear to be proper. The one on Amazon does not match what is in the aerator. If anyone has, or knows a source for an aftermarket part it would be greatly appreciated if you were able to share it.
I don't know what difference you are looking at. But Briggs went from a induction ignition system to a CDI ignition on most of their replacement coils. so you can no longer compare the old coil shape to the new coil shape. The old induction systems were more of a round center winding looking coil, were as the new CDI ignition coils are more box rectangular shaped if that is what you are comparing.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Kinda what I am thinking too; unless, someone changed the engine shroud and didn't transfer the engine info from the old shroud.

Blownvette

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe the engine matches the cover picture I posted as the replacement carburetor was correct for the engine. below is the photos of the coil I need to replace. Really need a source for a correct replacement as the aftermarket do not seem to match the external wires that the original has. Thanks for all that help. Really appreciate your replies.

Attachments

• 5AB3EA11-9247-4E9C-A7F0-C85FEE8BB632.jpeg
    5AB3EA11-9247-4E9C-A7F0-C85FEE8BB632.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 4
  • EDE8D343-5E4E-46A9-975D-0D9C22745E63.jpeg
    EDE8D343-5E4E-46A9-975D-0D9C22745E63.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 4

Blownvette

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks

Attachments